PAK VS AFG ICC WC 2019 | Pakistan VS Afghanistan ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 PREVIEW
- Considering a probable place in semi-finals at stake, the spotlight will be on Sarfaraz Ahmed and his boys at Headingley on Saturday.
- Their performance in the tournament has been binary so far wherein they’ve either posted a terrific win or have gone down terribly.
- Their campaign in the tournament thus far carries a striking resemblance to the one which World Cup winning side of Pakistan had way back in 1992.
- Considering that they have relatively easier games to follow after this would give them plenty of confidence as well as motivation to do well in the upcoming fixture.
- Up until now, both their batting as well as bowling has done well, but sporadically, and without much consistency.
- Considering the way Pakistan has done in the series so far, it’s hard to predict what they can do. On their day, they can be genuinely brilliant, and when it’s not their day, they can appear to be a club-level team, with no disrespect, as was the case in their match against West Indies.
- Although Afghanistan lost to Bangladesh in their last match, the magnitude of that loss would have certainly filled the Afghans with a lot of motivation and self-confidence.
- Afghanistan will have the advantage of having already played at the Ageas Bowl and considering that the conditions here are likely to be a lot different to what Pakistan have seen, it could turn out to be a remarkable difference.
- Afghanistan has punched way below they were expected to so far in the tournament, primarily due to their underperforming batting.
- Afghanistan showed a lot of promise coming into the tournament, but that promise hasn’t transformed into the results for them. Poor batting coupled with inconsistent team selection as well as bowling has hurt them.
Headingley Cricket Ground, usually shortened to Headingley and known as Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground for sponsorship reasons, is a cricket ground in the Headingley Stadium complex in Leeds, England. It adjoins the Headingley Rugby Stadium through a shared main stand, although the main entrance to the cricket ground is at the opposite Kirkstall Lane end. It has hosted Test cricket since 1899 and has a capacity of 18,350.
Pakistan Cricket Final Squad List For ICC World Cup 2019
[table “3” not found /]
Afghanistan Final Squad List For ICC World Cup 2019
[table “7” not found /]
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF PAKISTAN
Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Haris Sohail, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c/wk), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir, Shaheen Afridi
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AFGHANISTAN
Gulbadin Naib (c), Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Asghar Afghan, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Samiullah Shenwari, Ikram Ali Khil (wk), Rashid Khan, Dawlat Zadran, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Pakistan VS Afghanistan HEAD TO HEAD
Overall Matches: 3
- Pakistan Won: 3
- Afghanistan Won: 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES | PAK VS AFG – 36TH ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019
- Pakistan: N/R,L,L,W,W
- Afghanistan: L,L,L,L,L
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH IN Pakistan TEAM FOR ICC WORLD CUP 2019
- Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Shoaib Malik
- Shadab Khan
- Mohammad Hafeez
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH IN Afghanistan TEAM FOR ICC WORLD CUP 2019
- Rashid Khan
- Hazratullah Zazai
- Rahmat Shah
- Mohammad Nabi
PAK VS AFG – 36th ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019
- Match: Match 36
- Event: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- Date: Sat 29, June 2019
- Venue: Headingley, Leeds