ABOUT THE MATCH
The elimination final of Super Smash 2019-20 is scheduled between Otago Volts and Auckland Aces on January 17th, 2020. The match is going to be held at University Oval, Dunedin, New Zealand. The live telecast will begin from 4:10 PM (local time).
This is the third head-to-head match for both the teams. They met first at Eden Park Outer Oval in the 2nd match of the Super Smash. Otago Volts had registered a win by 13 runs against Auckland Aces. The second match between these two teams got abandoned due to rain.
Presently, Otago Volts are placed in the second position on the points table with 5 wins out of 10 matches whereas Auckland Aces are in the third position with 4 wins out of 10 matches.
Toss winning team will select to bowl first to restrict batsman to a low score.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The University Oval stadium looks small and helps batsmen score boundaries. It also assists bowlers in picking up wickets. Because of the bouncy pitch, batsmen will be troubled a bit.
On the match day, the weather will be hot and there is very little chance of rain.
MATCH PREVIEW | SUPER SMASH 2019-20
- They lost their previous match against Canterbury by 6 wickets.
- Opener Neil Broom and Nick Kelly scored half-centuries in their previous game.
- Jacob Duffy picked two wickets in their previous match.
- Players like Rutherford, Kitchen, and Rippon have the opportunity to shine in this match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF OTAGO VOLTS
Nick Kelly, Jacob Duffy(C), Mitch Renwick(WK), Hamish Rutherford, Neil Broom, Dean Foxcroft, Anaru Kitchen, Josh Finnie, Matthew Bacon, Michael Rippon, Michael Rae.
- Auckland won their previous match against Wellington by 6 wickets.
- Captain Cachopa scored 66 runs in 43 balls against Wellington.
- Jamieson bowled brilliantly and picked up 3 wickets in his four overs spell.
- All-rounder Players like Chapman and bowler R. Hira are playing well consistently.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUCKLAND ACES
Martin Guptill, Glenn Philips(WK), Mark Chapman, Craig Cachopa(C), Corey Anderson, Colin Munro, Ben Horne, Ronnie Hira, William Somerville, Mitchell McCleneghan, Kyle Jamieson.
Head to Head:
- OTAGO VOLTS – 10
- AUCKLAND ACES – 14
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 5
Team Form In Last 5 Matches
- OTAGO VOLTS – W L L W L
- AUCKLAND ACES – L W W L W
Probable Top Performers
- OTAGO VOLTS – Neil Broom
- AUCKLAND ACES – Martin Guptill
- TV – Ex: Sky Sports NZ
- Online– Hotstar
- Match Timings – 4: 10 PM IST/ GMT
Click Here For Dream11 Predictions.