The 36th fixture of ICC Men’s T20 World Cup is scheduled between New Zealand and Namibia on 05th November at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium in Sharjah, at 03:30 PM IST. Here are NZ vs NAM Match Predictions.
NZ vs NAM MATCH PREDICTIONS: PREVIEW
- Currently, New Zealand were standing at the 3rd position by winning 2 out of 3 games and with an NRR of +0.816.
- New Zealand won their recent match against Scotland by 16 runs.
- Martin Guptill became the 2nd after Virat Kohli to score 3000 runs in T20Is.
- If Guptill gets going, Namibia may find itself chasing leather.
- Trent Boult, Tim Southee, and Adam Milne, will be hoping for a much stronger performance against Namibia.
- Whereas Ish Sodhi and Mitchell Santner, the spin combo, would choose to continue their strong showing.
- Namibia standing at the 5th position by losing 3 out of 4 games and with an NRR of -1.600.
- Namibia recently lost their match against Pakistan by 45 runs.
- Namibia’s batters have gotten off to a good start, but they need to convert these significant scores into big innings.
- Namibia is heavily dependant on David Wiese, but it is also very important for others to contribute more.
- Namibian bowlers Ruben Trumpelmann, David Wiese, JJ Smit, and Jan Frylinck will need to pitch a proper line and length.
The temperature in Sharjah will be around 34 degrees in the Afternoon. As a result, players may experience high temperatures on the field.
So far in the T20 tournament, the pitch in Sharjah has been a competitive one. Scoring boundaries hasn’t been difficult, but the bowlers have also taken a lot from the pitch. Batting second might prove to be the way forward for the teams.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI:
New Zealand Predicted XI:
Martin Guptill, Daryl Mitchell, Kane Williamson (c), Devon Conway (wk), James Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult
Namibia Predicted XI:
Stephan Baard, Michael van Lingen, Craig Williams, Gerhard Erasmus (c), David Wiese, JJ Smit, Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Ruben Trumpelmann, Zane Green (wk), Jan Frylinck, Ben Shikongo
WHAT DO STATS SAY ABOUT NZ vs NAM?
A win for New Zealand in their next game will move them into 2nd place and increase their chances of making the semi-finals. Namibia, on the other side, has displayed toughness, but they will need a miracle to break into the top 2. Pakistan defeated them by 45 runs in their previous match.
Who Will Win This Game?
New Zealand will be the obvious pick to win the match against Namibia. On the other hand, Namibia suffered a major setback in the recent match vs Pakistan, hopefully, they should make a strong comeback against New Zealand to be alive in the campaign.
**DISCLAIMER: Please note that our Match predictions are based on our analysis and they do not guarantee positive results**