The 40th fixture of ICC Men’s T20 World Cup is scheduled between New Zealand and Afghanistan on 07th November at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi, at 03:30 PM IST. Here are NZ vs AFG Match Predictions.
NZ vs AFG MATCH PREDICTIONS: PREVIEW
- Currently, New Zealand were standing at the 2nd position by winning 3 out of 4 games and with an NRR of +1.277.
- New Zealand won their recent match against Namibia by 52 wickets.
- Kane Williamson hasn’t looked his finest in the present World Cup.
- Williamson is familiar with Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi’s bowling patterns, and his knowledge might benefit the Kiwis.
- Trent Boult has been exceptional for New Zealand in the T20 WC so far.
- Afghan hitters must be cautious when facing Boult.
- Afghanistan standing at the 4th position by winning 2 out of 4 games and with an NRR of +1.481.
- Afghanistan recently lost their match against India by 66 runs.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz is yet to achieve his full potential in the current T20 World Cup.
- Gurbaz is looking for a big knock, considering the Afghan one to remain focused on him in this game.
- Afghanistan’s bowling unit, led by pacer Naveen-ul-Haq and spinner Rashid Khan, will pose a task to New Zealand hitters.
The temperature in Abu Dhabi will be around 33 degrees in the Afternoon. As a result, players may experience high temperatures on the field.
The pitch is little slower, but the batters need to adopt the conditions early. The new ball provides some movement for the pacers. However, with the fresh new ball moving along very well, the hitters will aim to go after the bowling. As the game progresses, spinners will take up the fight, resulting in a more balanced battle between bat and ball. During the toss, both sides will prefer to make a choice to chase.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI:
New Zealand Predicted XI:
Martin Guptill, Daryl Mitchell, Kane Williamson (c), Devon Conway (wk), Glenn Phillips, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult
Afghanistan Predicted XI:
Hazratullah Zazai, Mohammad Shahzad (wk), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Mohammad Nabi (c), Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Gulbadin Naib, Rashid Khan, Naveen-ul-Haq, Hamid Hassan
WHAT DO STATS SAY ABOUT NZ vs AFG?
After recovering from their first setback against Pakistan, the Black Caps are on a three-match winning streak headed by Kane Williamson. Whereas a win would advance them to the semi-finals, a defeat would eliminate them from the T20 competition owing to their lower net run rate in comparison to Afghanistan and India. The Afghans, who are listed 4th, are similarly in a must-win situation after being defeated by Team India by a score of 66 runs.
Who Will Win This Game?
It will be a must-win for both teams to qualify both teams. New Zealand will have a high chance to win the match against Afghanistan. On the other hand, Afghanistan suffered a major setback in the recent match vs Team India, hopefully, they should make a comeback against NZ to advance Team India’s chances to reach the semi-finals.
**DISCLAIMER: Please note that our Match predictions are based on our analysis and they do not guarantee positive results**