ABOUT THE MATCH
The 18th match of Super Smash 2019-20 is scheduled between Northern Knights vs Wellington Firebirds on 1st January. The match is going to be held at Bay Oval – Mount Maunganui, New Zealand, and the live telecast will begin from 7:00 PM (local time).
This is the first head-to-head match for both the teams in this season. This clash is between a team in the 2nd position and one in the last position in the points table. Firebirds are in the top 2 with 4 wins out of 5 matches. If they win this upcoming match, they will be on top.
Matches played in this ground in the last season were won by the side bowling first. From then on, the pitch has remained the same so as per the trend toss winning team is expected to opt to bowl first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This stadium hosted 2 matches in the last season and 150+ runs were scored by each team, so this pitch totally favors batsman.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF NORTHERN KNIGHTS
Tim Seifert (wk), Anton Devcich, Dean Brownlie (c), Brett Hampton, Daryl Mitchell, Joe Carter, Daniel Flynn, Scott Kuggeleijn, Ish Sodhi, Anurag Verma, Brett Randell.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WELLINGTON FIREBIRDS
Devon Conway (wk), Michael Pollard, Rachin Ravindra, Michael Bracewell (c), James Neesham, Fraser Colson, Jamie Gibson, Malcolm Nofal, Logan van Beek, Ollie Newton, Hamish Bennett.
MATCH PREVIEW SUPER SAMSH 2019-20
- Since they lost the match against Otago’s in the previous match, they haven’t changed their team line-up.
- Dean Brownlie suggested that he be allowed to bat at number three.
- Now, we have to see whether he will bat at the same number or else Brett Hampton will come in at that position.
- Anton Devcich and Scott Kuggeleijn are the new ball pairs in the power play.
- We don’t expect that they will change the squad line-up because it is their winning combination.
- Devon Conway will continue to open the batting along with Michael Pollard. Pacers Hamish Bennett and Ollie Newton will lead the bowling unit.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
The Knights may have beaten the Firebirds on three previous occasions, but taking into account the current form of both the teams, we feel the scales are tipped heavily in favor of the Firebirds.
Click here for Dream 11 Fantasy Picks.