PITCH AND CONDITIONS
With thunderstorms scheduled throughout the week in Colombo, weather conditions are not favorable for this test – there is a strong chance of rain forecast on every day at the moment.
The most historic but now lesser used of Colombo’s test venues, the P.Sara Oval has traditionally played in a less-Sri Lankan way – in other words, there is more pace and bounce than other venues.
- Todd Astle, Colin de Grandhomme, Tom Blundell and Neil Wagner were the four to miss out last time out.
- An option like De Grandhomme would offer to bat further down the order and William Somerville could make way from this spin-heavy attack.
- New Zealand had won their five previous test series but they were all at home. Their first away series since defeats to India and South Africa could instead be heading the same way as those matches.
- They may have felt they had a chance after setting Sri Lanka 268 to win the first test, but they had no answer to a superb opening partnership which eventually set up a six-wicket win.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF NEW ZEALAND
- After winning the first test, the balanced Sri Lankan side could be retained for the second test.
- Dimuth Karunaratne led the team from the front with the bat.
- Sri Lanka is looking to make it two consecutive test series wins after beating South Africa 2-0 in their most recent tests. Victory in the first test of SL vs NZ 2019 series was their 3rd test wins in a row; Dimuth Karunaratne hit a second-innings century to set up a six-wicket win.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SRI LANKA
Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Lahiru Thirimanne, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Kusal Perera, Dhananjaya de Silva, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Akila Dananjaya, Suranga Lakmal, Lasith Embuldeniya, Lahiru Kumara
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 TEST MATCHES | NZ VS SL – 2ND TEST IN NEW ZEALAND TOUR OF SRI LANKA 2019
- New Zealand Won: D,W,W,W,L
- Sri Lanka Won: L,L,W,W,W
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR NEW ZEALAND VS SRI LANKA 2ND TEST IN NEW ZEALAND TOUR OF SRI LANKA 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Kane Williamson (vc)
- Dhananjaya de Silva
- Kusal Perera
- Trent Boult
- Ross Taylor
- Niroshan Dickwella
- Suranga Lakmal
- Dimuth Karunaratne (c)
- Lasith Embuldeniya
- Angelo Mathews
- Henry Nicholls
Click here to find out the Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*