ABOUT THE MATCH | NEW ZEALAND VS INDIA
New Zealand team is playing against India in the first test match of the 3 match Test series. And the 1st Test Match is scheduled to play at Basin Reserve, Wellington on 21st February 2020.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF NEW ZEALAND
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah
TEAM AND PLAYER PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS: NZ VS IND
TOP ORDER ANALYSIS | NZ VS IND
- Mayank Agarwal scored maximum average runs of 119.4 in Test matches among all top-order batsmen.
- Prithvi Shaw has a good strike of 146.21 irrespective of the Test format game.
MIDDLE ORDER ANALYSIS | NZ VS IND
- Virat Kohli hit the maximum average runs of 90.6 as a middle-order batsman with a strike rate of 74.85.
- BJ Watling scored average runs of 73, which is highest among all New Zealand batsmen.
TOP ORDER AND MIDDLE ORDER ANALYSIS | NZ VS IND
- In top-order, India team looks strong as they scored average runs of 96.233.
- Both the teams look good with average runs of 77.4 and 66.4.
TOP 3 BOWLERS | NZ VS IND
- In spite of poor performance in recent ODI matches, Jasprit Bumrah took the most number of wickets 28 with 2.29 economy rate.
BOWLING ANALYSIS | NZ VS IND
- India team has picked the more average number of wickets 23.33 in the last 5 matches with an economy rate of 2.62.
The toss winning team might opt to bowl first – because most of the matches played at this venue are won by the first bowling team.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This is a well-balanced pitch. Batsmen can score good runs in the first and second innings of the match. Pace bowlers can use the bounce on this pitch to take wickets from Day-2.
- New Zealand is in good after registering a whitewash against the Indian team in ODI’s.
- Hamish Bennett bowled brilliantly and took 4 wickets in the previous match.
- Henry Nicholls scored 80 runs as an opening batsman.
- Colin de Grandhomme did the finisher role by scoring unbeaten 58 runs.
- They have lost the last ODI match by 5 wickets against New Zealand team.
- Prithvi Shaw scored 40 runs and got runout, unfortunately.
- Ishant Sharma back into the test squad team after many months.
- Ravindra Jadeja can perform well both with the bat and ball.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 110
- NEW ZEALAND Won – 49
- INDIA Won – 55
- Draw – 1
- No- Result – 5
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
India: W W L L L
New Zealand: L L W W W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
India: Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli
New Zealand: Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor
- TV – Star Sports, Sky Sport NZ
- Live streaming – Hotstar
- Match Timings – 4:00 AM IST/ 10:30 PM GMT.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Both the teams are well equipped and have a good balance in their respective sides – But based on the current form and ground records – New Zealand has a clear upper hand over India.
Click Here For Dream11 Match Prediction For New Zealand vs India 1st Test Match.