ABOUT THE MATCH
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants and Tshwane Spartans will lock horns in the 23rd fixture of the Mzansi Super League 2019. The match is set to take place at St Georges Park on December 3.
Tshwane Spartans have so far won three out of four completed games in this season. They first met Giants in a match that was abandoned without any ball being bowled due to heavy rain.
On the other hand, Nelson Mandela Bay Giants have so far won four out of six completed games in this season. With only two losses and one no result, Giants are placed second in the points table.
The St Georges Park is a slower wicket, so the team winning the toss is expected to field first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at St Georges Park looks to be a slower wicket and will favor bowlers.
The weather is likely to be cloudy and windy with temperatures at mid-teens and there are slight chances of rain.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Jason Roy, Ben Dunk (wk), JJ Smuts (c), Heino Kuhn, Ryan ten Doeschate, Marco Marais, Chris Morris, Onke Nyaku, Junior Dala, Imran Tahir, Beuran Hendricks
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Tshwane Spartans
Theunis de Bruyn, Dean Elgar, AB de Villiers, Heinrich Klaasen (c, wk), Pite van Biljon, Wiaan Mulder, Roelof van der Merwe, Tom Curran, Morne Morkel, Lungi Ngidi, Lutho Sipamla
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
- Giants have faced back-to-back defeats in the last two matches.
- They lost to Paarl Rocks by 135 despite Imran Tahir’s 2-19.
- In the last match, JJ Smuts’s half-century led Giants to 173/6 against Durban Heat, but they lost by six wickets with seven balls to spare.
- Ben Dunk will be opening the innings in place of Matthew Breetzke.
- Beuran Hendricks will form the bowling attack along with Ryan ten Doeschate.
- After facing three abandoned matches, Tshwane Spartans came out with three back to back wins in this season.
- But they lost for the first time against Cape Town Blitz and failed to chase 158 runs.
- The Spartans were fairly consistent with their team selection.
- Wiaan Mulder could be back into the middle order this time.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants haven been good until now in the tournament and is likely to win against Tshwane Spartans.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.