ABOUT THE MATCH
It’s a must-win situation for the Peshawar Zalmi in order to secure their Pakistan Super League play-off place spot. They have lost their last match against Lahore Qalandars. Whereas Multan Sultan’s previous game abandoned without a ball bowled due to the rain.
Multan Sultan and Peshawar Zalmi are once again meeting each other at the National Stadium – Karachi, Pakistan, on March 13th.
The team that wins the toss will look to bat first and put a huge score on such a batting track.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Pakistan Super League matches had witnessed few high scoring matches at this venue, so we can expect another run feast on this pitch.
- Multan Sultan were disappointed by their last match – which was abandoned due to the rain,
- Currently, Multan Sultans are at the top of the league table with 11 points.
- Masood captains Multan’s from the front, and he accumulated 183 runs with an average of 30.5.
- Junaid Khan is justifying his role, and he smashed a quick half-century against Islamabad United and registered a comfortable win.
- Former South African spinner Imran Tahir is currently the leading wicket-taker with ten scalps to his name.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF MULTAN SULTAN
James Vince, Zeeshan Ashraf (WK), Moeen Ali, Shan Masood (C), Rilee Rossouw, Khushdil Shah, Shahid Afridi, Imran Tahir, Mohammad Ilyas, Junaid Khan, Sohail Tanvir
- In the previous match, the top-order trio of Kamran Akmal, Liam Livingstone, and Tom Banton struggled to score 24 for three after 3.2 overs in the last game.
- Hasan Ali and Rahat Ali leaked many runs at the beginning of the power play, and the bowlers will need to come with better plans to outfox Multan’s star-studded batting lineup.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF PESHAWAR ZALMI
Kamran Akmal (wk), Tom Banton, Liam Livingstone, Shoaib Malik, Haider Ali, Lewis Gregory, Carlos Brathwaite, Wahab Riaz (c), Yasir Shah, Hasan Ali, Rahat Ali
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 5
- MULTAN SULTAN WON – 3
- PESHAWAR ZALMI WON – 2
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
MULTAN SULTAN – W NR W W W
PESHAWAR ZALMI – L W W L W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
MULTAN SULTAN – Shan Masood
PESHAWAR ZALMI – Shoaib Malik
- TV channels: Dsport, Geo Super, PTV Sports, Cricketgateway, Hum TV, Willow TV, TA, Eleven Sports, Flow Sports, Sky Sport NZ
- Live streaming: Cricketgateway
- Match Timings – 7:00 PM Local time (2:00 PM GMT) (7:30 PM IST).
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Multan Sultans’ last game washed out, and they will look to continue their winning momentum against Peshwar Zalmi.