Indian fast bowler Mohammed Shami has been issued with an arrest warrant and was given with 15 days of time to surrender and apply for bail. Mohammed Shami is currently playing the second and the final Test against the West Indies and played a key role for India in the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
Earlier in 2018, Mohammed Shami and his brother were accused by his wife Hasin Jahan of domestic violence under IPC Section 498A. Further, Jahan accused Shami of numerous charges, which not only includes domestic violence but also include extra-marital affairs.
Since Jahan made the allegations, Shami didn’t appear before the court following which the AJCM gave the order. It was when Hasin Jahan took her allegations into the public, she and Shami were into a war-of-words in the media. Back in April 2019, Jahan was taken into custody by police in Uttar Pradesh’s Amroha after she reached her husband’s house and created a din. However, she was released on bail later.
Speaking on to it, Mohammed Shami said he is least bothered about these allegations and will see that it will not affect his cricketing career.
“I hope everything remains fine. Whatever is the outcome, I am ready to face it. Cricket life mein hai to sab kuch hai (cricket remains everything in life). That is the only thing I am bothered about. I don’t care about the allegations or what will happen eventually. Right now, I am not thinking even zero percent about it. I won’t let it affect me,” – Shami said.
On August 29, Hasin Jahan accused the police of harassing her and said that they haven’t taken many actions against her husband.
“I thank all of you for coming here. I have called you today because today is the date for filing the charge sheet. No arrest warrant has been issued against him nor has he taken any anticipatory bail.
“Today the hearing of our case has happened and it was put on reserve by the judge. Like small YouTube channels are showing that Shami Ahmed has got clean cheat by the Alipore court but it has been not like that. All the cases that I have filed are still going on in the court and those are just getting delayed.” – Hasin Jahan said.
Moreover, Hasin Jahan is frustrated with the case being delayed and also has a fear that Shami won’t be punished since he is an international cricketer.
“This suggests that Shami Ahmed can do anything with any common people but he will not get punishment as he is an international cricketer. Some (sections of the )media are just producing news against me for their own agenda. I am all alone and fighting my battle alone. Today just because I have no strong family background or source of income like the wives of other cricketers, I have to face these kinds of problem.” – Hasin Jahan said.
“This long duration of the case is very difficult for me but today I have media with me who will listen to me but what will happen to those who have no one to listen. This has happened to me just because this is India. If it was any other country this thing had never happened to me. The police in UP has harassed me immensely but this has happened only because this is India. Earlier I have shown you a phone in which there was all the proof against Shami.” – Jahan added.
“The incident has happened one and a half years ago and the police or media has asked no question regarding this mobile to Shami. Is one and a half year not enough for the forensic lab to test a mobile phone? The innocent people who have no idea about this High society think that I am wrong. All the government knows that Shami is guilty but supported him just because he is an international cricketer and ruined my life and my daughter’s life.”- She added.
“This means that I will not get justice. I am fighting this battle for the last one and a half year and will continue this fight till I get Justice. Shami can kill me anytime and you all will remain silent because you think that I am guilty. My children are small she will not be able to fight for me,” – Hasin Jahan said.