ABOUT THE MATCH
India Women faced a narrow one-run defeat in the opening match against West Indies. India Women would be looking for a comeback when both the teams face each other in the second ODI at Antigua.
West Indies opted to bat first and posted 225-7 runs on the board with huge contributions from Natasha McLean and skipper Stafanie Taylor. Taylor fell short by 6 runs for a century, managing 94 off 91 deliveries.
On the other hand, the visitors were looking great at 170 for 2 in the 40th over, with Priya Punia and Mithali Raj at the crease but quick dismissals triggered a collapse which resulted in 224-10 in the fifty overs.
In the first ODI played the pitch looked a great one to bat first and it kept slowing down as the game progressed where the spinners became dominant. The side that wins the toss would be looking to bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch Sir Vivian Richards Stadium is good for batting and there is something for the bowlers also especially the spin bowlers. Although the wicket is good for batting, the wicket may slow down. Batting will be comparatively easy in the first half.
The temperature is expected to be 29-Degree Celsius and the Humidity to be 71%. Few showers are forecast in Antigua throughout the day. There is a 50% chance of rain.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES WOMEN
Chedean Nation(w), Anisa Mohammed, Natasha McLean, Stacy-Ann King, Shemaine Campbelle, Stafanie Taylor(c), Kyshona Knight, Sheneta Grimmond, Chinelle Henry/S Gajnabi, Shawnisha Hector, Aaliyah Alleyne
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA WOMEN
Taniya Bhatia(w), Shikha Pandey, Punam Raut, Mithali Raj(c), Jemimah Rodrigues, Priya Punia, Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma, Jhulan Goswami, Ekta Bisht, Poonam Yadav
WEST INDIES WOMEN
- Natasha McLean and Stacy-Ann King will open the innings
- Shemaine Campbelle, skipper Stafanie Taylor and Chedean Nation will follow
- Anisa Mohammed, skipper Stafanie Taylor, Aaliyah Alleyne will form the bowling attack
- Shawnisha Hector was a bit expensive giving away 19 runs in her 2 overs and might be axed
- Chinelle Henry is slightly doubtful for the fixture and will be replaced by Shabika Gajnabi.
- Mithali Raj would have been extremely upset with the way her side played in the last game.
- There will not be any change in the team for the upcoming match.
- Priya Punia and Jemimah Rodriguez will pair to open the innings
- Punam Raut, skipper Mithali Raj, Harmanpreet Kaur, and Deepti Sharma will form the middle order
- Jhulan Goswami, Poonam Yadav, Deepti Sharma, and Shikha Pandey will form the bowling attack
- Smriti Mandhana is fully fit but might remain on the bench following a jet-lag
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Though it is still a tight call between the two sides, the Indian team would start nose ahead of West Indies in the game.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.