ABOUT THE MATCH
West Indies Women will lock horns with India Women for the upcoming series of 3 ODIs and 5 T20s from Friday, November 1. All the ODI matches are set to be played at Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua. In the previous encounters of the 2 teams, India has dominated the hosts both the times.
The pitch is expected to support batsmen. The side winning the toss would like to bat first and use their spin bowlers when the pitch wears down towards the end.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch is likely to be a flat surface like those seen in most of the recent games that have been played at this venue. The side batting first would put up a large score.
There could be a slight cloud cover at Antigua but it isn’t likely to affect the game.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF West Indies Women
Stacy-Ann King, Natasha McLean, Britney Cooper, Stafanie Taylor (C), Kyshona Knight, Chedean Nation, Sheneta Grimmond, Aaliyah Alleyne, Chinelle Henry, Afy Fletcher, Anisa Mohammed.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF India Women
Jemimah Rodrigues, Priya Punia, Punam Raut, Mithali Raj (C), Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma, Taniya Bhatia (WK), Jhulan Goswami, Shikha Pandey, Poonam Yadav, Ekta Bisht.
West Indies Women
- Stafanie Taylor will be leading the team for the ODI series with Shemaine Campbelle keeping the wickets.
- They have made many changes to the team after facing defeats in the previous matches.
- Britney Cooper and Natasha McLean will need to provide a good start to the side.
- Haley Mathews has been suspended and will not be the part of the squad for the first 2 games.
- Kyshona Knight, Stafanie Taylor, and Stacy-Ann King will make up the middle order.
- The side will expect a good start with the ball from Sabika Gajnabi and Afy Fletcher.
- Mithali Raj will be leading the team for the ODI series with Taniya Bhatia keeping the wickets.
- Recently, India Women has defeated a strong South Africa Women team at home.
- Jemimah Rodrigues will be opening the innings against West Indies.
- Smriti Mandhana fractured her right toe during a series with South Africa and will not play the first ODI.
- Deepti Sharma, Harmanpreet Kaur, and Mithali Raj are the most influential players.
- Jhulan Goswami opening the bowling for the side lends an advantage to the Indian side and she would expect good support from Poonam Yadav.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
As India Women have a strong batting line up and dominating spin attack, they are the favorites to win against West Indies.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.