About the Match
New Zealand vs West Indies is not a match cricket fans around the world are excited to see. After all, New Zealand has been one of the most dominant ODI teams in the recent decade and the West Indies has struggled to be competitive for most of its cricketing existence.
This match between New Zealand and West Indies could be very close indeed. New Zealand already fixed its place in the semi-finals.
New Zealand vs West Indies ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Old Trafford on the 22nd of June 2019.
The team winning the toss may choose to bat second.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
New Zealand vs West Indies ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Old Trafford, Manchester.
The pitches were well protected and there was some spin for the bowlers in the match between India and Pakistan. A high scoring pitch with help for the spinners is what we expect in this game also. A par score of 330+ is expected if played 50 overs.
Individual Team Winning Percentage:
Top Order Analysis:
- New Zealand team has maintained a good consistent average in the Top Order.
Middle Order Analysis:
- New Zealand Middle order has consistent performers and west indies with power hitters.
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
- Both, teams top and middle order look somehow similar.
Top bowlers Analysis:
- Both, the teams bowling too looks somehow similar in maintaining the economy rate.
- Four victories in five matches and a rained-out match against India is the perfect start for New Zealand. It is in first place on the ICC World Cup 2019 points table and is in a very good position to press for a semi-final berth.
- Looking a bit closer, though, reveals that New Zealand has a lot of work still left to do.
- New Zealand’s wins have come against Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan. Apart from Bangladesh, the other two teams are not the strongest opponents in this edition of the tournament. New Zealand’s toughest challenges still lie ahead.
- New Zealand also has a very good batting line-up.
- The only major weakness that we see with this New Zealand team is the likelihood of losing early wickets during their attack on the bowling in the first powerplay.
|Top 3 batsman New Zealand||Top 3 Middle Order New Zealand||Top 3 Bowler New Zealand|
|C Munro||Ross Taylor||T Boult|
|Martin Guptill||J Neesham||M Henry|
|Kane Williamson (c)||Tom Latham||L Ferguson|
- West Indies are currently placed at the seventh spot in the points table with one win, and three losses in the five games played so far.
- Considering that, the importance of their upcoming match cannot be understated. Even though the results haven’t favored them, Windies wouldn’t be too discontent with the position they’re in.
- Up until now in the tournament, it’s their bowling which has been responsible for their decent show so far.
- If they can keep their focus alive and be consistent with their approach, they will be a force to deal with in the upcoming fixture.
|Top 3 batsman West Indies||Top 3 Middle Order West Indies||Top 3 Bowler West Indies|
|C Gayle||N Pooran||S Gabriel|
|E Lewis||S Hetymer||S Cottrell|
|Shai Hope||J Holder||A Russell|
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR West Indies VS New Zealand 29TH ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF West Indies Bat First||IF New Zealand Bat First|
|N Pooran||M Guptill|
|S Hope||K Williamson|
|C Gayle||C Munro|
|A Russell||C De Grandhomme|
|J Holder||J Neesham|
|S Gabriel||T Boult|
|S Cottrell||L Ferguson|
|M Guptill||S Cottrell|
|K Williamson||J Holder|
|L Ferguson||C Gayle|
|M Henry||S Hope|