ABOUT THE MATCH
India vs West Indies: The West Indies came into this tournament with a lot of expectations. People were terming West Indies as “Dark Horses”, but things have not panned out that well.
India will aim to start the series on a higher note and showcase their top quality against the mighty Caribbeans.
India vs West Indies 2nd T20 is going to be played at Lauderhill, Florida on August 4th.
The team winning the toss is likely, want to bat first. The pitch is usually fast and dry.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
India vs West Indies first T20 match is going to be played at Central Broward regional park stadium, Florida. The temperature on the game day will be around 31c and Rain could play a spoiler on the match day.
- The West Indian players are very familiar with the Indian players since so many of them play in the IPL. West Indies also had a pretty good ODI series against India earlier this year.
- We don’t have much hope from them in this match, though. The West Indian batting has depended on individual brilliance to carry them through instead of a deliberate plan.
- Against the Indian batting, the West Indies bowling will hope to have their best day of the tournament so far.
- The West Indies have a lot of players that are good for small cameos, but they need a couple of match-winning knocks now.
|Top 3 batsman West Indies||Top 3 Middle Order West Indies||Top 3 Bowler West Indies|
|John Campbell||Shimron Hetmyer||Sheldon Cottrell|
|Evin Lewis||Andre Russell||Khary Pierre|
|Sunil Narine||Nicholas Pooran (wk)||Oshane Thomas|
- India’s top order has been scoring runs against each and every opponent but early wickets lost in world cup showed just how India can be beaten.
- Against the West Indies, India is going to face with weak bowling attack so the opportunity to fine-tune the batting order is still there.
- While India’s batting is still coming together and their bowling has been brilliant.
|Top 3 batsman India||Top 3 Middle Order India||Top 3 Bowler India|
|Rohit Sharma||KL Rahul||Khaleel Ahmed|
|Shikhar Dhawan||Rishabh Pant (wk)||Bhuvneshwar Kumar|
|Virat Kohli (c)||Manish Pandey||Deepak Chahar|
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
The home team is well equipped with all power-hitters right down to their batting order and the short boundaries at Lauderhill will make their job a lot easier. But when we dig into the individual player stats and team stats India has a slight edge over West Indies. But its a T20 game nothing can be predicted in a shorter game.
Click here to find out the Fantasy Picks.