ABOUT THE MATCH
Victoria battle Queensland in the seventh match of the Marsh One-Day Cup 2019. The latter have won both of their opening two contests and will look to maintain their unbeaten run with another victory in this game. On the other hand, Victoria will be riding high on confidence after stealing a win against Tasmania in a bizarre, pulsating and mind-blowing encounter
The previous record suggests that batting first is the right way, but the overhead conditions may favor bowling too.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This will be the first game to be played on this venue in this year’s competition and thus it is difficult to predict how the surface will behave. Having said that, one can still expect the surface to have something in it for both the batters as well as the bowlers, which should lead to a cracking contest between bat and bowl
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Victoria
Aaron Finch, Marcus Harris, Will Pucovski, Peter Handscomb, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Will Sutherland, James Pattinson, Chris Tremain, Jon Holland, Jackson Coleman
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Queensland
Sam Heazlett, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Matt Renshaw, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Jimmy Peirson, Michael Neser, Mark Steketee, Matthew Kuhnemann, Billy Stanlake
- Australia will be confident of retaining the Ashes as they head to England but will have to overcome recent history after failing to win an Ashes series away from home since a 4-1 triumph back in 2001
- Australia is very vulnerable is it loses its openers cheaply and that is what it must guard against.
- The bowling for Australia is in good form.
|Top 3 batsman Victoria||Top 3 Middle Order Victoria||Top 3 Bowler Victoria|
|Aaron Finch||Peter Handscomb||Chris Tremain|
|Marcus Harris||Nic Maddinson||Jon Holland|
|Will Pucovski||Glenn Maxwell||Jackson Coleman|
- After an abysmal batting display in the previous game, big names like Aaron Finch and Glenn Maxwell need to start firing on a consistent basis.
- On the contrary, Chris Tremain along with Jackson Coleman helped complete a remarkable rescue job for Queensland and will have their tails up going into this game.
|Top 3 batsman Queensland||Top 3 Middle Order Queensland||Top 3 Bowler Queensland|
|Sam Heazlett||Matt Renshaw||Mark Steketee|
|Usman Khawaja||Joe Burns||Matthew Kuhnemann|
|Marnus Labuschagne||Ben Cutting||Billy Stanlake|
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Queensland is expected to register their 4th consecutive win if Victoria’s shows their previous performances.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.