ABOUT THE MATCH
The Leeward Islands will clash against Canada in the 2nd match of the Super 50 Cup 2019 at the Warner Park in Basseterre on November 8th, 2019.
Canada managed just one win in eight outings in the last edition and finished at the bottom of the table. They are expected to perform much better this time.
The Leeward Islands also went through a tough time in the last season and finished fourth with 2 wins from 8 games and 4 losses. But they have has a winning start in this season against Combined Campuses and Colleges and are set to give some tough fight to Canada.
The surface at Warner Park looks to favor both batsmen and bowlers. But the team winning the toss would likely bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch looks to be a balanced pitch for the batsmen as well as bowlers. Spinners can create breakthroughs as was seen in the last game.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF the Leeward Islands
Kieran Powell, Amir Jangoo, Montcin Hodge, Devon Thomas, Akeem Saunders, Rahkeem Cornwall, Jahmar Hamilton, Terrance Warde, Jason Campbell, Sheeno Berridge, Jeremiah Louis
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Canada
Harrobindeep Sikhon, Nitish Kumar, Jeet Mehta, Harsh Thaker, Kanwarpal Tathgur, Ali Khan, Nauman Zafar, Yax Patel, Shahid Ahmadzai, Shreyas Movva, Rayyan Pathan
- The side is expected to come up with an unchanged side after securing a win in the previous game.
- MV Hodge and K Powell are likely to open the innings against Canada.
- A Jangoo, D Thomas and A Saunders and R Cornwall will comprise the middle order.
- J Campbell, S Berridge, T Warde, and R Cornwall will form the bowling attack.
- Kanwarpal Tathgur will lead the side in this season.
- Skipper Kanwarpal Tathgur, Jeet Mehta and H Sekhon look to be the opening batsmen in this encounter.
- Harsh Thaker, Kanwar Mann, Shreyas Movva are middle-order batsmen
- Sana ur Rehman, Nauman Zafar, Harmandeep Singh are the seamers in the squad
- Shahid Amhedzai is the key spinner alongside Nitish Kumar, Yax Patel, Arsalan Khan
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
The Leeward Islands got off to a winning start this season and is likely to win over Canada in the 2nd match of Super 50 Cup 2019.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.