ABOUT THE MATCH
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots will seal a top-four place in the 2019 Caribbean Premier League if they beat St Lucia Zouks at the Darren Sammy Cricket Ground, Gros Islet, on September 25.
The Patriots have won four and lost four of their eight games so far, and they sit five points clear of the fifth-placed Zouks. Those four wins include victory against them at Basseterre earlier in the tournament – a win which started their current resurgent run of three victories in a row.
St Lucia Zouks, meanwhile, have not won since that defeat. They have played two home games so far, losing to Barbados Tridents after being bowled out for 101 before a no-result against Trinbago Knight Riders last time out. Their only win so far was against fellow strugglers Jamaica Tallawahs.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
After a few rainy days in St Lucia, there should be clear skies and warm conditions on Wednesday on a perfect evening for Caribbean cricket.
The St Lucia wicket is hard and fast – the pacemen will enjoy bowling on it, but big hitters should not be deterred, with plenty of pace off the bat.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF ST LUCIA ZOUKS
Andre Fletcher (wk), John Campbell, Rahkeem Cornwall, Colin Ingram, Colin de Grandhomme, Darren Sammy (c), Chris Barnwell, Kesrick Williams, Jeavor Royal, Hardus Viljoen, Fawad Ahmed
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF St Kitts and Nevis Patriots
Devon Thomas (wk), Evin Lewis, Laurie Evans, Mohammad Hafeez, Shamarh Brooks, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Fabian Allen, Keron Cottoy, Rayad Emrit, Alzarri Joseph, Sheldon Cottrell
ST LUCIA ZOUKS
- Obed McCoy resulted in a T20i debut for Jeavor Royal last time out, who was preferred to Krishmar Santokie as the left-arm quick’s replacement.
- John Campbell returned last time out, with a slight tweak in the batting order too, replacing Kavem Hodge.
- He may drop back down the order to allow Rahkeem Cornwall or even Colin Ingram to open, however.
- St Lucia Zouks still have only one win to their name so far.
- Their first home game, after a win and three defeats away from home, saw them bowled out for just 101 chasing 173 to beat Barbados Tridents.
- Last time out, meanwhile, they were better set Colin Ingram’s 52* anchoring a score of 99/4 from 12.2 overs when rain curtailed the innings and then the match against Trinbago Knight Riders.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots
- St Kitts & Nevis Patriots made just one change last time out as they continued their winning form against Jamaica Tallawahs in Caribbean Premier League. Akeem Jordan the star of the show when they last beat the Zouks making way for Keron Cottoy.
- They must now decide whether to stick with a winning team or give Jordan another chance against the team he took a debut four-fer against.
- St Kitts & Nevis Patriots have won their last three games in a row, storming up the table and into a strong position overall.
- The run started with their Akeem Jordan and Evin Lewis-inspired defeat of St Lucia Zouks.
- Since then, Carlos Brathwaite’s all-round heroics – taking two wickets, hitting 64 from 30 balls and then batting and bowling in the super over saw the Patriots beat Trinbago Knight Riders after both teams initially posted 216.
- Last time out, at Sabina Park, Fabian Allen smashed 62* from 27 balls down the order to lift the Patriots to 176/6 against Jamaica Tallawahs.
- Sheldon Cottrell, Rayad Emrit and Alzarri Joseph then all claimed two wickets as the Tallawahs were bowled out for 156.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots are in good form, winning three in a row – including their win against St Lucia Zouks, since when the Zouks have not won. The Patriots are an excellent price to back considering all that.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.