ABOUT THE MATCH
In-form St Kitts & Nevis Patriots face Trinbago Knight Riders, the defending champions, in the eliminator of the 2019 Caribbean Premier League play-offs. The match, at Providence Stadium in Guyana, will take place on October 6.
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots turned their season around, with four wins in five games. That included their super over win against Trinbago Knight Riders when Carlos Brathwaite starred with bat and ball, in both the match and the super over, and the Patriots should fancy their chances of winning this game too.
Trinbago Knight Riders, meanwhile, started their season in excellent form. They won their first four games, but then lost five of the last six (the other was a no result). The defending champions have limped into the play-offs and may miss out on the final and a chance of a second CPL title now.
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots won the toss when these teams last met, electing to field first. They may opt for a similar tactic at Providence Stadium too.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Thunderstorms are forecast earlier in the day in Guyana but should clear later on. The chance of rain is around 30 percent, so the game may get lucky anyway.
Even the part-time spinners were in the wickets at Guyana in the final league games. The pitch is a turning one and pace off should be key.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
Mohammad Hafeez, Evin Lewis, Shamarh Brooks, Laurie Evans, Devon Thomas, Carlos Brathwaite, Fabian Allen, Keron Cottoy, Dominic Drakes, Rayad Emrit, Sheldon Cottrell
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Trinbago Knight Riders
Lendl Simmons, Javon Searles, Colin Munro, Kieron Pollard (c), Darren Bravo, Jimmy Neesham, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Chris Jordan, Khary Pierre, Anderson Phillip, Akeal Hosein
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
- The Patriots could be unchanged from their thrilling win against Barbados Tridents in their final league game.
- Mohammad Hafeez opened with Evin Lewis, while Dominic Drakes’ excellent final over should earn him more game time.
- St Kitts & Nevis Patriots have won just one of their five matches so far.
- Since Rahkeem Cornwall starred in their win against Jamaica Tallawahs, they have lost the last two in a row.
- St Kitts & Nevis Patriots needed fewer than 15 overs to beat the Zouks after St Lucia could only post 138/9 in their next game the Patriots winning by six wickets.
- And their batting fell well short again last time out, as they were carted for 101 in reply to Barbados Tridents’ 172/6.
Trinbago Knight Riders
- With Sunil Narine out, Trinbago Knight Riders have experimented with pinch hitters in the last two games but both Jimmy Neesham and Javon Searles have failed in that role.
- Akeal Hosein came into the team last time out and with this match on the same ground, it could be an unchanged team.
- Trinbago Knight Riders have lost their last four matches in a row.
- That includes defeats home and away to Guyana Amazon Warriors and a loss to Barbados Tridents in between.
- Last time out, at Providence Stadium, Trinbago posted 143/5 from their 20 overs but it proved well below par the Knight Riders losing by seven wickets against the unbeaten league leaders.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Trinbago Knight Riders might be defending champions and favorites, but they finished the group stage in poor form. St Kitts & Nevis Patriots can upset the odds.
Click here to find out the Fantasy Picks