About the Match
We are approaching the business end of the tournament in ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. West Indies next match is going to take place against Sri Lanka on Friday, 1st July at The Riverside Stadium, Chester-le-Street, Durham.
West Indies are already out of the competition, and they’ll be desperate to win this encounter to avoid finishing among the teams. Both the sides are almost evenly matched, and we expect a spectacular game of cricket between the two sides.
- The team winning the toss is likely to want to bat second.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Chester le Street
- The pitch in Chester le Street is good for batting. It helped the spinners a little in the previous matches and we are sure that is going to be the case this time around also.
- A par score of 280 a par if played 50 0vers.
Individual Team Winning Percentage:
Top Order Analysis:
- West Indies, looks stronger than SriLanka
Middle Order Analysis:
- West Indies Middle Order With power hitters which is stronger than Sri Lanka
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
- West Indies Top Order looks stronger than Sri Lanka.
Top bowlers Analysis:
- After a relatively poor performance by their batting on the whole, as has been the case with them in the series so far, it took a splendid effort from their bowlers as they restricted arguably the best batting line-up of the tournament to a subpar score.
- Lasith Malinga, their old workhorse, has done extremely well in this tournament, defying his age and fitness.
- The win over England along with the break thereafter would not only have refreshed him as well as the sides but will also have provided the side with much-needed confidence.
- All in all, it was their batting which was under pressure and hadn’t been delivering in recent times
- With their bowlers doing well, first against Afghanistan and then against England, no team would like to take a chance of allowing them to score too many runs.
|Top 3 batsman Sri Lanka||Top 3 Middle Order Sri Lanka||Top 3 Bowler Sri Lanka|
|Kusal Perera (wk)||Angelo Mathews||L Malinga|
|Avishka Fernando||Kusal Mendis (wk)||I Udana|
|Dimuth Karuaratne (c)||Thisara Perera||S Lakmal|
- We don’t have much hope from them in this match, though. The West Indian batting has depended on individual brilliance to carry them through instead of a deliberate plan.
- The only win they registered was when they were chasing down a small total. Against the Sri Lanka batting, the West Indies bowling will hope to have their best day of the tournament so far.
- Not only is the West Indies not used to playing 50 over cricket, but they are also one of the least fit sides in this edition of the World Cup.
- The West Indies have a lot of players that are good for small cameos but they need a couple of match-winning knocks now.
|Top 3 batsman West Indies||Top 3 Middle Order West Indies||Top 3 Bowler West Indies|
|C Gayle||S Hetymer||S Cottrell|
|S Hope||J Holder||K Roach|
|S Ambris||C Brathwaite||O Thomas|
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Sri Lanka VS West Indies 39TH ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF Srilanka Bat First||IF West Indies Bat First|
|K Perera||S Hope|
|A Mathews||C Gayle|
|D Karunaratne||S Hetymer|
|A Fernando||C Brathwaite|
|T Perera||J Holder|
|L Malinga||K Roach|
|I Udana||S Cottrell|
|K Roach||L Malinga|
|S Cottrell||I Udana|
|J Holder||T Perera|
|S Hope||A Fernando|