ABOUT THE MATCH
Sri Lanka vs South Africa ICC World Cup 2019 was supposed to be one of the big matches of this tournament, but it looks like this contest is going to have no bearing on the overall result.
That does not mean there is nothing to play for. Both South Africa and Sri Lanka are proud cricketing nations that are struggling due to their poor performances.
Sri Lanka vs South Africa ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Lord’s, London, on the 28th of June 2019.
The team winning the toss is likely to want to bat second.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
- Sri Lanka vs South Africa ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Chester le Street.
- The pitch in Chester le Street is good for batting. It helped the spinners a little in the previous matches and we are sure that is going to be the case this time around also.
- A par score of 270-300 a par if played 50 0vers.
Top Order Analysis:
- South Africa top order looks much stronger than Sri Lanka.
Middle Order Analysis:
- Sri Lanka, Middle order looks much stronger than South Africa.
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
- In top order, South Africa has good consistent in scoring runs and in the middle order, Sri Lanka has a good consistency.
Top bowlers Analysis:
- Both team bowlers have good wicket taking ability and maintain a good economy.
- Currently, South Africa looks like a side that is tired and confused. It is not able to play the attacking style of cricket that some of the other teams are playing and their experienced players are unable to step up when it matters the most.
- South Africa’s bowling was better in the previous match and that is something to take heart from. Imran Tahir will be tested against the Sri Lanka players and a lot will rest on the shoulders of Kagiso Rabada.
- South Africa must take wickets up front because the middle overs can be targeted by the opposition batsmen.
|Top 3 batsman South Africa||Top 3 Middle Order South Africa||Top 3 Bowler South Africa|
|Q De Kock||Van de Dussen||I Tahir|
|Du Plessis||D Miller||L Ngidi|
- Sri Lanka came into the World Cup on the back from some poor performances in bilateral as well as multi-member series, but as luck have it in their way of a terrific history in ICC tournaments, they are at a pretty good position in this edition.
- They are coming into this match on the back of an excellent performance against England.
- The problem of not having enough experience in the middle-order was well and truly apparent as they slid from a comfortable position to a position from where winning was a pipe dream.
- The Islanders would need their batsmen to step up and bowlers to play out of their skins to put South Africa under any pressure whatsoever.
|Top 3 batsman SriLanka||Top 3 Middle Order SriLanka||Top 3 Bowler SriLanka|
|Kusal Perera (wk)||Angelo Mathews||Isuru Udana|
|Lahiru Thirimanne||Kusal Mendis (wk)||N Pradeep|
|Dimuth Karuaratne (c)||Thisara Perera||Lasith Malinga|
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Sri Lanka VS South Africa 35TH ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF Sri Lanka Bat First||IF South Africa Bat First|
|K Perera||Q de Kock|
|A Mathews||F Du Plessis|
|D Karunaratne||R V Dussan|
|Avishka Fernando||C Morris|
|L Malinga||A Phehlukwayo|
|I Udana||I Tahir|
|I Tahir||K Rabada|
|K Rabada||I Udana|
|A Phehlukwayo||L Malinga|
|F du Plessis||T Perera|
|R van Dussan||A Fernando|