ABOUT THE MATCH
Unfortunately for South Africa, it has been a hurdle of problems. Three losses and one No Result with west indies is not an ideal start they were looking for.
They now face Afghanistan, one of the weakest sides in this edition of the tournament and have a lot of batting issues.
South Africa vs Afghanistan ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at the Cardiff on the 15th of June 2019.
The team winning the toss is going to want to bat second. The overcast conditions have helped the fast bowlers at Cardiff and both teams want to gain that advantage.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
- The match is going to be played at the Sophia Gardens, Cardiff. The weather forecast for Cardiff is not very bad and even though there are some clouds around, we should be able to get a full game in without any trouble.
- The pitch in Cardiff has been green and helpful to the seamers. The three matches played there have been good scoring ones but that could also have something to do with the quality of batsmen. We think both the teams will be able to give a better account of themselves and score many more runs in the conditions.
- A score of around 280-300 can be expected to be scored.
Individual Team Winning Percentage:
Top Order Analysis:
Middle Order Analysis:
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
Top bowlers Analysis:
- South Africa needs to get its act fast together. They have five matches left in the tournament and need to win five to have a chance of qualifying for the world cup semi-finals.
- For some reason, South Africa has looked very tentative in the World Cup so far. Their fielding has been unusually poor, the batting has lacked urgency, and none of the bowlers have been able to make an impact on the opposition.
- The batting lineup is well-stocked and strong enough to win matches.
- They need to believe in themselves and come at the Afghanistan team hard because that is the only way they are going to win.
|Top 3 batsman South Africa||Top 3 Middle Order South Africa||Top 3 Bowler South Africa|
|Q De Kock||Van de Dussen||L Ngidi|
|H Amla||Phehlukwayo||C Morris|
|Du Plessis||D Miller||Rabada|
- Batting was always going to be the biggest concern for Afghanistan in World Cup 2019 and that is exactly what caused their loss in the previous matches.
- Against any team, the Afghan batsmen are going to be up against one of the weakest sides in the cricket world cup.
- This is Afghanistan’s best chance to win a match in the ICC World Cup 2019 and they will be aware of this. Hopefully, it should not cause them to swing away from their natural game if they play with good batting consistency.
|Top 3 batsman Afghanistan||Top 3 Middle Order Afghanistan||Top 3 Bowler Afghanistan|
|Rahmat Shah||Gulbadin Naib||M Nabi|
|Ikram Ali||Najibullah Zadran||R Khan|
|Hazratullah Zazal||Mohammad Nabi||D Zadran|
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR South Africa VS Afghanistan 21st ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|If South Africa Bat first||If Afghanistan Bat First|
|Q De Kock||Noor Ali Zadran|
|F Du Plessis||H Shahidi|
|R Van Dussen||H Zazai|
|C Morris||M Nabi|
|A Phelukwayo||H Hassan|
|K Rabada||R Khan|
|L Ngidi||Q De Kock|
|m nabi||Faf Du Plessis|
|R Khan||L Ngidi|
|Noor Ali Zadran||K Rabada|