ABOUT THE MATCH
Shivamogga Lions will look to seal their place in the playoffs when they take on the Bijapur Bulls in this 21st game of the Karnataka Premier League 2019. The match will be played on August 27 at the Srikantadatta Narasimha Raja Wadiyar Ground in Mysore
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Shivamogga Lions
Arjun Hoysala, Nihal Ullal (wk), Abhimanyu Mithun (c), Pavan Deshpande, S P Manjunath, M Nidhish, Akshay Ballal, Sujit N Gowda, HS Sharath, Prithviraj Shekawat, Pradeep T
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Bijapur Bulls
Naveen MG, Bharath Chipli (c), Raju Bhatkal, Jashwanth Acharya, Suneel Raju, Bhareth NP, Gonnabattula Chiranjeevi (wk), Swapnil Yelave, KC Cariappa, Prateek Jain, Suraj Kamath
- Despite their impressive batting performance, Shivamogga Lions ended up losing their last match against Belagavi Panthers.
- They have only their bowlers to blame for that defeat who failed to defend a big total of 175.
- Arjun Hoysala and Pavan Deshpande starred with the bat with scores of 77 and 59 respectively.
- Deshpande is amongst the tournament’s top five batsmen having scored 181 runs which includes a couple of half-centuries and he will hold the key for the Lions at number four.
- Wicketkeeper Nihal Ullal is having a strike-rate of 157 and he too is another one to watch out for.
- Bijapur Bulls have a pretty strong top-order batting and they will want their heavyweights Bharath Chipli, Raju Bhatkal, and Naveen to come good with the bat in Tuesday’s encounter against Shivamogga Lions.
- Bharath Chipli is one of the tournament’s leading run-getters. The skipper recently struck 67 against Hubli Tigers and he also looked promising in his knock of 33 last time out against Belagavi Panthers.
- The Bulls will also have high expectations from Raju Bhatkal, who is averaging 41.25 and has a couple of the fifties under his belt, to make a sizeable contribution at number three.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Bijapur Bulls have an impressive record against Shivamogga Lions in the KPL with four wins from five meetings. So the Bulls clearly have the upper hand as far as the head-to-head count is concerned. The Abhimanyu Mithun-led Lions may have faced defeats in their last couple of fixtures, but we expect them to return to winning ways on Tuesday.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks