ABOUT THE MATCH
The 30th match of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019 will see Scotland take on Bermuda. This Group A fixture is scheduled to be played on October 24 at the ICC Academy in Dubai.
The team that wins the toss in this match is more likely to bat first as the side batting first at this ground in this tournament is having more success than the side batting second.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at the ICC Academy has favored the bowlers more in the recent matches and has tended to get slower as the game progresses. Once again, it could be difficult for the batsmen to hit the big shots right from the word go.
The chances of rain during the match are almost down to zero. It should be pretty warm in the evening with a temperature likely to be around 30 degrees Celsius. A light breeze is expected to blow across the ground.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Scotland
George Munsey, Craig Wallace/Kyle Coetzer (c), Calum MacLeod, Richie Berrington, Michael Leask, Matthew Cross (wk), Tom Sole, Mark Watt, Safyaan Sharif, Josh Davey, Hamza Tahir
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Bermuda
Terryn Fray, Kamau Leverock, Delray Rawlins, Janeiro Tucker, Deunte Darrell, Malachi Jones, Onais Bascome, Okera Bascome, Rodney Trott (c), Derrick Brangman, Sinclair Smith (wk)
- Scotland made a couple of changes in their last match against Namibia they replaced Kyle Coetzer and Ollie Hairs with Craig Wallace and Michael Leask.
- The team will be hoping for their regular captain Coetzer, who missed the last match due to illness, to return on Thursday.
- But if he fails to recover in time, Richie Berrington will continue to lead the side and Craig Wallace will open the batting again with George Munsey.
- Scotland has won two and lost as many matches out of the four they have played so far in this T20 World Cup Qualifier and they are currently positioned third on the points table with four points in the bag.
- After losing the tournament opener by two runs to Singapore, Scotland secured back-to-back wins against Kenya and Papua New Guinea. They, however, suffered a 24-run defeat in their last match against Namibia.
- Bermuda made three changes to their line-up in the previous match against Namibia.
- Dion Stovell, Allan Douglas, and George O’Brien were dropped and replaced with Malachi Jones, Derrick Brangman and Sinclair Smith.
- Kamau Leverock was promoted to the opening position while Okera Bascome was pushed down the order.
- Rodney Trott was made the captain of the team and Sinclair Smith took over the wicketkeeping duties from Okera Bascome.
- Bermuda might go into this match with an unchanged eleven.
- Bermuda is yet to register a win in the ongoing T20 World Cup Qualifier and are languishing at the bottom of the leaderboard having lost their first four matches on the bounce.
- Barring the game against Singapore which went down till the final over, the team has suffered big losses in all their encounters.
- Bermuda played their last match against Namibia which they lost by six wickets.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Bermuda have not been able to find a way to put an end to their disappointing run in the tournament. Scotland should garner a couple of points easily on Thursday if they play to their potential.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.