ABOUT THE MATCH
After winning the first two matches, hosts Qatar will be eyeing a series of whitewash when they take on the visitor’s jersey in the third T20 international. The final match of Jersey’s tour of Qatar will be played on October 11 at the West End Park International Cricket Stadium in Doha. Here in this article, we talk about Match Prediction For Qatar vs Jersey
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The game on Thursday witnessed the real potential of the Doha pitch which is quite good for the chasing teams. The total of 141 was always tough to defend here, especially under lights. Jersey needs to do much better with the ball than 25/3 in 4 overs or 63/4 in 10 overs to defend such a low score here.
Another bright and sunny day is expected for this T20I series between Qatar and Jersey producing no interruption.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF QATAR
Faisal Javed, Kamran Khan, Saqlain Arshad, Muhammad Tanveer, Qalandar Khan, Mohammed Rizlan (WK), Nouman Sarwar, Iqbal Hussain (C), Gayan Munaweera, Mohammed Nadeem, Imran Ashraf.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF JERSEY
Nick Ferraby, Harrison Carlyon, Ben Stevens, Jonty Jenner, Nick Greenwood, Dominic Blampied, Anthony Hawkins-Kay, Benjamin Ward, Julius Sumerauer, Charles Perchard (C), Jake Dunford (WK).
- Qatar will look to replicate their batting performance from the opening T20I where they scored 179 batting first.
- Faisal Javed stole the show with his brilliant knock of 61 runs off just 31 balls and the opener will be expected to deliver another match-winning performance.
- His opening partner Kamran Khan too had a pretty good hit 32 off 21 balls.
- Muhammad Tanveer, the team’s leading run-scorer in the T20 format, struck an unbeaten half-century in the last match.
- Nouman Sarwar, Gayan Munaweera, and Mohammed Nadeem all had a good outing with the ball in the first match and the trio will be backed by their team to bowl well again on Friday.
- Nouman Sarwar and Gayan Munaweera both picked a couple of wickets while Mohammed Nadeem finished with economical figures of 4-0-24-1.
- Skipper Iqbal Hussain, who is Qatar’s best bowler in the format, was the pick of the lot last time with outstanding figures of 3-20 from four overs.
- Jersey did pretty well with the bat in the first game of the series but they will be hoping for a better effort from their top-order batsman on Friday.
- Nick Ferraby and Ben Stevens both got starts but were unable to convert them into big knocks. The former batted really well for his 27-ball 45 the other day.
- The team will want these two batsmen to fire in this match. Jonty Jenner has scored the most runs for Jersey in the 20-over format and he along with Nick Greenwood are two other key figures in this batting unit.
- Jersey will want their bowlers to put up a spirited performance this time around.
- For that, their strike bowlers Dominic Blampied, Anthony Hawkins-Kay, and Charles Perchard will have to be at their best.
- Dominic Blampied is the team’s most successful bowler in T20Is and his spell in the middle overs is going to be very crucial.
- Anthony Hawkins-Kay and Charles Perchard were both expensive last time out and they will be keen to make amends in this final game of the tour.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
The hosts(Qatar) are carrying plenty of momentum with them and we expect them to emerge victorious on Friday and sweep the series.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.