ABOUT THE MATCH
The 30th Match of WBBL19 is between Sydney Thunder and Perth Scorchers at the WACA Ground, Perth on November 12.
Perth Scorchers has moved to within one point of the Thunder, who sit second in the table, after a few narrow wins in their last two games. Amy Jones hit 80 in a total of 173/3 against the Adelaide Strikers as the Scorchers won by just two runs before Heather Graham excelled with bat and ball in their 7 run defeat of Sydney Thunder last time out.
And the Thunder’s 2nd defeat of the season so far and first since the opening game,
As Tahlia Wilson’s had an unbeaten knock of 47 runs from 39 balls wasn’t enough in pursuit of 152 to win. Sydney Thunder posted 144/6.
Thunder’s have elected to field first in the last time out and fell just short. On a batting wicket, the Perth Scorchers might win the toss this time and they might be happy to bat first again.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at WACA is hard and very suitable for batsmen.
Coming to the conditions for the day, clear skies and little humidity is expected and there’s no chance of rain for the day.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Perth Scorchers Women
Meg Lanning (c), Amy Jones (wk), Nat Sciver, Nicole Bolton, Georgia Redmayne, Chloe Piparo, Heather Graham, Kim Garth, Emma King, Jemma Barsby, Taneale Peschel
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Sydney Thunder Women
Naomi Stalenberg, Rachel Priest, Tahlia Wilson, Alex Blackwell (c), Rachel Trenaman, Nida Dar, Hannah Darlington, Rene Farrell, Lisa Griffith, Shabnim Ismail, Samantha Bates
Perth Scorchers Women
- Samantha Betts replaced Emma King last time out.
- And the remainder of the team seems to be settled, so those three teams look to compete for the remaining spots.
- Scorchers have won 3 of their last 4 matches.
- After a victory against Melbourne Renegades and Adelaide Strikers, either side of a 20-run defeat to Melbourne Stars.
- Heather Graham’s all-round performance has earned a victory against Sydney Thunder last time out.
- And Amy Jones, Meg Lanning had been in fine batting form in the win against Adelaide Strikers.
Sydney Thunder Women
- Rachel Trenaman returned last time out, while Tahlia Wilson made her Thunder debut. Rachael Haynes missed out with a foot infection, while teenager Phoebe Litchfield was sitting exams.
- Should Haynes be unavailable again, Wilson will continue up the order.
- Thunder has won 4 matches in a row.
- Most recently, Rachel Priest had a wonderful half-century and anchored the innings.
- They lost for the first time in five games, however, when they have played Perth Scorchers last time out. Chasing 152 to win, Tahlia Wilson hit 47* on debut but they finished on 144/6.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
In their previous meeting, Perth Scorchers has beaten Sydney Thunder. But now the thunders look in good form we expect them to bounce back with a win.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.