ABOUT THE MATCH
Papua New Guinea and Namibia will now face-off against each other in the second and final match of the ongoing T20 international series. The second T20I will be played on September 25 at the same venue – Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground in Lauderhill, Florida
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA
Tony Ura, Norman Vanua, Assad Vala (c), Charles Amini, Lega Siaka, Hiri Hiri, Jason Kila, Kiplin Doriga (wk), Chad Soper, Riley Hekure, Nosaina Pokana
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF NAMIBIA
Christi Viljoen, JP Kotze (wk), Gerhard Erasmus (c), Craig Williams, Stephan Baard, Jan Frylinck, Pikky Ya France, Zane Green, Bernard Scholtz, Zhivago Groenewald, Ben Shikongo
PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- Papua New Guinea will bank on their opening pair of Tony Ura and Norman Vanua to take them off to a strong start with the bat.
- Tony Ura is the team’s best batsman in the format having scored the most runs and he will be expected to make a healthy contribution on Wednesday.
- Charles Amini and skipper Assad Vala are two other reliable batsmen in the side, and it will be up to them to anchor the innings should PNG lose a few early wickets.
- In terms of bowling, Papua New Guinea will turn to their strike weapons in Nosaina Pokana, Norman Vanua and Chad Soper.
- Nosaina Pokana will probably be leading the team’s bowling attack and the onus will be on the left-arm pacer to pick wickets in the powerplay.
- Norman Vanua leads the wickets charts for PNG in T20 cricket and he too will have a crucial role to play with the ball.
- JP Kotze, Gerhard Erasmus, and Stephan Baard are the big guns in Namibia’s batting unit and it will be mainly up to this trio to score the big runs on Wednesday.
- Stephan Baard is the highest run-getter for the team in the twenty-over format and so there will be plenty of hopes pinned on him.
- Gerhard Erasmus made an unbeaten 46 last month in the home T20I series against Botswana and he will look to replicate that knock in this match.
- Namibia will be counting on the likes of Bernard Scholtz, Zhivago Groenewald, and Christi Viljoen to deliver the goods with the ball.
- Christi Viljoen is one of their most successful bowlers in the format and it will be crucial for the team that he performs well.
- Bernard Scholtz and Zhivago Groenewald have also done a decent job for Namibia in the recent past and the left-arm spinners will be required to keep things tight in the middle overs.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
This could turn out to be a closely-contested match but we are backing Papua New Guinea to prevail in the end.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.