ABOUT THE MATCH
Sri Lanka’s tour of Pakistan finally got underway as Pakistan made the series to 2-0 in front of a full house. Pakistan dominated the match and ended up winners but the Sri Lankan youngsters showed plenty of fight as well. However, Sri Lanka made a winning start to this T20 series in Lahore.
Sri Lanka won the first match of the series despite touring with a scratch squad due to security concerns. Danushka Gunathilaka scored a half-century in a total of 165/5 despite Mohammad Hasnain’s half-century.
Pakistan will look to hit back in their T20i series when they and Sri Lanka return to Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium for the second match of this three-game series. The match takes place on October 7 and starts at 18:30 local time.
In their first T20, Pakistan won the toss and elected to field first. Sri Lanka enjoyed batting first and may do so again this time too.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
It looks to be sunny and clear in Lahore all through Monday, with any chance of rain forecast.
The pitch at Lahore was a fast wicket last time out, with Sri Lanka scoring their runs at the top of the order before the pacemen took wickets in both innings.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF PAKISTAN
Babar Azam, Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c, wk), Haris Sohail, Asif Ali, Imad Wasim, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hasnain
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SRI LANKA
Avishka Fernando, Danushka Gunathilaka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka, Shehan Jayasuriya, Isuru Udana, Wanindu Hasaranga, Minod Bhanuka, Lakshan Sandakan, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha
- Pakistan won the ODI international series on its home soil after a long time. But Pakistan failed to put the stand in the first T20.
- Mohammad Hasnain took a hat-trick for Pakistan, over two overs, but could not stop Sri Lanka posting 165/5, which included Danushka Gunathilaka scoring 57.
- Nuwan Pradeep and Isuru Udana are the only two senior bowlers in the Sri Lankan squad which helped bowl the hosts out for 101.
- Shaheen Afridi and Hasan Ali were injured which made Pakistan lose the strong side.
- Fakhar Zaman and Haris Sohail did not play the first game but could come into contention as Pakistan look to bolster their batting line-up.
- Sri Lanka has made its first win in the T20 series and is trying hard to make a win in this T20 series.
- Most of the strongest sides of Sri Lanka were dropped due to the terror threats in Pakistan.
- Even then, Danushka Gunathilaka hit a half-century in their total of 165/5 before three wickets apiece for Isuru Udana and Nuwan Pradeep helped bowl Pakistan out for 101.
- Minod Bhanuka followed his ODI debut with a T20i debut too, alongside Bhanuka Rajapaksa.
- Dasun Shanuka led this inexperienced Sri Lankan line-up for the first time in T20 internationals.
- After opening the series with a win, the tourists could be unchanged this time out.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Being the top team of the T20 side and in comparison to the strength of the two squads, Pakistan is in favorites to winning ways.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.