ABOUT THE MATCH
Oman will face Canada in the 34th match of the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier on October 25. The match will be hosted by the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
Since the last three matches here have all been won by the side batting first, the team that wins the toss is likely to bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Sheikh Zayed Stadium witnessed large scores in this tournament. But in two out of the last five matches played the pitch had plenty to offer for the bowlers.
The temperature is expected to be around 30 degrees Celsius with clear sky and humidity between 71% and 79%.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Oman
Khawar Ali, Jatinder Singh, Aqib Ilyas, Khurram Nawaz, Aamir Kaleem, Zeeshan Maqsood (c), Suraj Kumar (wk), Sandeep Goud, Mohammad Nadeem, Kaleemullah, Bilal Khan
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Canada
Rodrigo Thomas, Navneet Dhaliwal (c), Rizwan Cheema, Nitish Kumar, Ravinderpal Singh, Hamza Tariq (wk), Dillon Heyliger, Abraash Khan, Saad Bin Zafar, Nikhil Dutta, Jeremy Gordon
- Oman has dropped an under-performing Fayyaz Butt and replaced him with medium-pacer Kaleemullah.
- Kaleemullah is expected to be retained for this match and could again open the bowling with Bilal Khan.
- Oman is expected to go into this game with an unchanged line-up.
- Oman has won three out of four matches and is currently placed second in the Group B leaderboard in the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier.
- After beating the United Arab Emirates by seven wickets in their campaign opener, they beat Hong Kong by the same margin before suffering a 35-run loss to Ireland.
- Oman faced Nigeria in its last match where it emerged victorious by seven wickets.
- Canada decided to strengthen its batting side by drafting Rodrigo Thomas and Abraash Khan into the playing eleven, with Nicholas Kirton and Romesh Eranga making way for them.
- Jeremy Gordon is expected to continue to lead the team’s bowling attack.
- Canada is currently topping the Group B points table in the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier with three wins from as many matches.
- Canada won against Jersey and Nigeria by 53 runs and 50 runs, respectively, and then defeated Ireland by 10 runs to extend their winning streak.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Although both the teams have been impressive so far, we are backing Oman to win in this encounter and boost their chances of finishing at the top of the leaderboard.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.