ABOUT THE MATCH
New Zealand has banished the anguish of the Cricket World Cup final loss to one side and is back into test mode. The newly minted ICC Test Championship begins for both countries in this two-match series, which should be evenly contested in Sri Lankan conditions.
New Zealand vs Srilanka 1st Test Match is going to be played at Galle International Stadium, Galle, Sri Lanka, on the 14th of August 2019.
The team winning the toss will likely to bat first. Both teams would want runs on the board and then try to create pressure with their bowling.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Warm temperatures are forecast for Galle during the test, but the threat of thunderstorms on each scheduled match day could mean possible stoppages.
Top Order Analysis:
Middle Order Analysis:
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
Top bowlers Analysis:
- New Zealand has a chance of securing the top spot in Test cricket when they take on Sri Lanka from Wednesday, exactly a month after their cruel World Cup defeat to England.
- New Zealand, with 109 points in Test cricket, is ranked behind India on 113 points, but a 2-0 series win in Sri Lanka will see the Kiwis leapfrog the Asian heavyweights.
- The Kiwis too are carrying plenty of spin options and are likely to play two of them. Mumbai-born left-arm spinner Ajaz Patel claimed five wickets in the warm-up game in Negombo and he is likely to be the second spinner to leggie Todd Astle.
- As seam is New Zealand’s strength.
|Top 3 batsman New Zealand||Top 3 Middle Order New Zealand||Top 3 Bowler New Zealand|
|Jeet Raval||Ross Taylor||Mitchell Santner|
|Tom Latham||Henry Nicholls||Trent Boult|
|Kane Williamson (c)||BJ Watling (wk)||Tim Southee|
- But Sri Lanka has some tough choices and in all departments.
- Fernando became an instant hero and his subsequent snubbing from the World Cup squad earned the wrath of former players
- New Zealand will be tough to beat.
- Former captain Dinesh Chandimal, who also missed out on touring South Africa, is back in the squad and the wicketkeeper’s slot will be a toss-up between him and NiroshanDickwella.
|Top 3 batsman Sri Lanka||Top 3 Middle Order Sri Lanka||Top 3 Bowler Sri Lanka|
|Dimuth Karunaratne (c)||Kusal Mendis||Suranga Lakmal|
|Lahiru Thirimanne||Angelo Mathews||Vishwa Fernando|
|Dinesh Chandimal||Kusal Perera||Lahiru Kumara|
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
New Zealand has a higher chance of winning this test match at Galle. But Sri Lanka can pack a surprise to the Kiwis.
Click here to find out the Fantasy Picks.