ABOUT THE MATCH
We are almost at the midway mark in the ongoing ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, and the things are already beginning to take shape beautifully. England, New Zealand, Australia, and India seem to be moving ahead and broadening the gap between them and the rest of the teams while the likes of Afghanistan, South Africa, and West Indies are languishing near the bottom of the ladder. If the same trend continues in the second of the competition, things are only going to get more precise.
However, in case we get to see some upsets, things will get interesting. The next match, between New Zealand and Pakistan, should clear it up even further. The game is set to be played at Edgbaston, on Wednesday, 26th June.
The team winning the toss is going to want to bat second. The overcast conditions have helped the fast bowlers at Edgbaston and both teams will want to gain that advantage.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
- The match is going to be played at the Edgbaston, Birmingham. The weather forecast for Edgbaston is not very bad, we should be able to get a full game in without any trouble.
- A score of around 330 can be expected to be scored if played 50 overs.
Individual Team Winning Percentage:
Top Order Analysis:
- Both, the teams top order looks very consistent in making runs
Middle Order Analysis:
- New Zealand middle order with experienced players and Pakistan middle order with hard hitters.
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
- Pakistan top order made a good average than New Zealand and the middle order mostly looks similar.
Top bowlers Analysis:
- Both, the teams have wicket-taking ability players and maintaining consistent economy rate.
- Although it’s been a slow climb for the Kiwis without any flamboyance whatsoever, they’ve steadily strengthened their position at the top of the table.
- One could argue that all of their wins have been against the easier teams to face, but the performance they have displayed in all three departments of the game has been commendable.
- With their all-rounders doing well, they have an immaculately balanced side which that has covered all their bases.
- While they do not really have a significant problem to address as of now with most of their batsmen being amongst the runs and bowlers picking up wickets.
- They have an exceptionally well-balanced batting line-up with the aggression of Munro and Guptill at the top and the calmness and experience of Williamson and Taylor to follow.
|Top 3 batsman New Zealand||Top 3 Middle Order New Zealand||Top 3 Bowler New Zealand|
|C Munro||Ross Taylor||T Boult|
|Martin Guptill||J Neesham||M Henry|
|Kane Williamson (c)||Tom Latham||L Ferguson|
- Pakistan are coming into the game with a terrific win in their previous fixture and will be oozing with confidence.
- The top-order for Pakistan is expected to remain unchanged. Fakhar Zaman, Imam ul Haq, Babar Azam, and Mohammad Hafeez are all good players who have scored some runs in this tournament already. The challenge for them seems to be to go on and get the big scores.
- Their batting has always been unpredictable yet capable, but probably the major positive they drew from their last match’s result was their bowling’s performance.
|Top 3 batsman Pakistan||Top 3 Middle Order Pakistan||Top 3 Bowler Pakistan|
|Fakhar Zaman||H Sohail||M Amir|
|Babar Azam||Mohammad Hafeez||W Riaz|
|Imam-ul-Haq||S Ahmed||Shadab Khan|
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR New Zealand VS Pakistan 33RD ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF Pakistan Bat First||IF New Zealand Bat First|
|Fakhar Zaman||R Taylor|
|Babar Azam||M Guptill|
|M Hafeez||T Boult|
|W Riaz||L Ferguson|
|M Amir||M Hafeez|
|H Sohail||W Riaz|
|T Boult||M Amir|
|L Ferguson||H Sohail|
|K Williamson||F Zaman|
|T Latham||S Ahmed|