ABOUT THE MATCH
New Zealand is going to host its ninth international game against England. The first Test between New Zealand and England is set to take place from November 21-25 at Mount Maunganui’s Bay Oval.
England is expected to have Dom Sibley as their opening batsmen, while Zak Crawley could also make his way out to join Dom after an impressive performance in the warm-up match.
On the other hand, New Zealand is going to play its first Test series since a tied Test with Sri Lanka. Kane Williamson will be back as captain after he was rested for the T20I series.
England won the toss only once during the Ashes series. If they win, they may elect to let their pace-men get the first crack at the Bay Oval wicket.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
On previous occasions, the pitch at Bay Oval, which favored pace bowlers in the one-day matches, might behave in the same way in the Test too.
The weather is likely to be humid with a clear sky and a very minimal chance of rain.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF New Zealand
Jeet Raval, Tom Latham, Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling (wk), Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF England
Dominic Sibley, Rory Burns, Zak Crawley, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Ollie Pope, Jos Buttler (wk), Sam Curran, Stuart Broad, Jofra Archer, Jack Leach
- New Zealand is may make two changes to the final Test squad with Sri Lanka.
- William Somerville or Ajaz Patel will join the squad.
- Lockie Ferguson is set for his Test debut.
- New Zealand left with a tie Test series with Sri Lanka, after scoring a six-wicket victory in the first Test.
- In the second test, Tim Southee and Trent Boult took seven first-innings wickets between them as they bowled Sri Lanka out for 244.
- England is going to participate in its first test series since the Ashes, which finished 2-2.
- Ben Stokes’ unbeaten century in the third test kept the series alive.
- Jofra Archer’s six wickets in the first inning and an eight-wicket share between Stuart Broad and Jack Leach in the second innings made them seal a 135-run win.
- Dominic Sibley and Rory Burns are set to open the batting in this match.
- Sibley will be joining Zak Crawley who impressed in the warm-up matches.
- Ollie Pope is set to play at number six.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
New Zealand with its best bowling part is likely to win this first test of the two-match series of England.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.