ABOUT THE MATCH
Hubli Tigers can continue their resurgent form and close in on a Karnataka Premier League 2019 play-off place if they beat Mysuru Warriors at Mysore. The game takes place on August 25.
After defeats in their first two matches, the Tigers are now looking to make it three wins in a row since. Their resurgence has seen them climb the table and another win would keep their semi-final hopes firmly in their hands.
The Warriors, meanwhile, have suffered two no results in the rain and two defeats too. Most recently, they were heavily beaten by defending champions Bijapur Bulls and they sit bottom of the league. It is easy to see why they are outsiders for this one.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Unlike Sunday’s early game, the Tigers and Warriors could have no rain with the chance of precipitation dropping as the game goes on.
This will be the second game of the day at Mysore, but the pitch has otherwise been unused in the build-up to the KPL’s return to action at the stadium.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Mysuru Warriors
Dega Nischal, Krishnamurthy Siddharth, Amit Verma (c), Manjesh Reddy, Shoaib Manager, Aniruddha Joshi, Vinay Sagar (wk), Jagadeesh Suchith, M Venkatesh, Vijay Kumar, Devaiah
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Hubli Tigers
Mohammed Taha, Vishwanathan, Luvnith Sisodia, Shishir Bhavane, Krishnan Shrijith, Vinay Kumar, Praveen Dubey, Aditya Somanna, David Mathias, Mitrakanth Yadav, Vidyadhar Patil
- The Warriors have used just 12 players so far and they may choose to keep things consistent in their bid for a first win of the 2019 tournament.
- Mysuru Warriors are still looking for their first win after defeating to Bijapur Bulls last time out.
- They suffered two no results in their first three games but could not raise their performance in their second completed game last time out.
- Krishnamurthy Siddharth superb batting form continued last time out but his unbeaten 73 was only enough to help the Warriors post 140/4.
- In reply, the bowlers struggled as the Bulls took just 14.4 overs to chase it down for the loss of just two wickets.
- Vishwanathan returned last time out and took over the gloves, replacing KB Pawan in the line-up and allowing Luvnith Sisodia to return to being just a batsman.
- The Tigers, back to winning ways, have kept changes to a minimum so far.
- Hubli Tigers lost their first two matches of the 2019 KPL but have won two in a row since.
- Mohammed Taha scored 75 in a five-wicket win, chasing 181, against Belagavi Panthers to get them off the mark for the new season.
- It was a lower-scoring affair last time out after Vidyadhar Patil’s 3-18 restricted Bijapur Bulls to 119/7 from 19 overs.
- The VJD-adjusted target was 124 and the Tigers got there off the final ball to secure a dramatic three-wicket win.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Hubli Tigers have come into form with two consecutive wins and, despite Krishnamurthy Siddharth’s excellent form, they can make it three in a row when they face the Warriors.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks