ABOUT THE MATCH
Bellary Tuskers will look to continue their table-topping form when they meet Mysuru Warriors in Mysore. The teams meet on August 26.
The Tuskers, after Krishnappa Gowtham’s heroic all-round display last time out, having won four of their five games so far and their IPL stars can lead them to another win in this game.
Mysuru Warriors also go into this game on the back of a win, however – their first win of the campaign came after a frustrating start, because of rain and results, but they face a difficult task if they are to kick on from that.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Scattered thunderstorms are in the forecast again for Monday’s game, though the chance of rain is 50-50 so they might get lucky.
This will be the second game of the day at Mysore, but it held up well on its first day of action in this year’s tournament on Sunday.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF MYSURU WARRIORS
Vinay Sagar (wk), Krishnamurthy Siddharth, Aniruddha Joshi, Amit Verma (c), Manjesh Reddy, Shoaib Manager, Jagadeesh Suchith, Ram Sarikh Yadav, M Venkatesh, Vijay Kumar, Devaiah
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Bellary Tuskers
Abhishek Reddy, Codanda Ajit Karthik, Devdutt Padikkal, Chidhambaram Gautam (c, wk), Krishnappa Gowtham, Zeeshan Ali, Abrar Kazi, Bhavesh Gulecha, Prasidh Krishna, KP Appanna, Srinivas Sharath
- Ram Sarikh Yadav came into the team last time out and claimed 2-26, justifying his selection ahead of Dega Nischal.
- The change also pushed Vinay Sagar up the order, and he hit a half-century to further justify the change.
- After two wins and two no results in Bangalore, the move to Mysore has suited the Warriors after they recorded their first win of the 2019 tournament last time out – and in style too.
- After being set 152 to beat Hubli Tigers, the Warriors made light work of it. Vinay Sagar (51), Krishnamurthy Siddharth (48*) and Aniruddha Joshi (46*) needed just 16 overs to earn a nine-wicket win.
- Bellary Tuskers were unchanged last time out and, after a dominant win, they could stick with that same XI again with Krishnappa Gowtham up the order as a pinch-hitter.
- After their first defeat of the season at Karnataka Premier League, in a rain-affected match against Bengaluru Blasters, Bellary Tuskers bounced back last time out with Krishnappa Gowtham in sublime form.
- He hammered 134* from 56 balls, including 20 boundaries, as the Tuskers posted 203/3 in 17 overs.
- In the reply, Gowtham ripped through the batting line-up with 8-15 from his four overs to seal a 70-run win.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Bellary Tuskers have been in excellent form so far this season and they can continue that with a win against Mysuru Warriors.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks