ABOUT THE MATCH
Melbourne Renegades are set to clash with Melbourne Stars in the final group stage match of WBBL 2019. The match will take place on November 30 at the CitiPower Centre.
Melbourne Stars won over Renegades in their last meeting with Lizelle Lee’s stunning batting giving them a seven-wicket victory. But With their poor performance through the season, they could win only two games out of 12 matches played and to be placed at the bottom of the points table.
Meanwhile, Melbourne Renegades are with 6 wins out of 12 matches played and are placed at the fifth position in the points table. They need to beat the Stars to make it to the fourth position so that they can play in the semi-finals.
The CitiPower Centre is a balanced pitch and the team winning the toss is likely to field first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at CitiPower Centre is usually a well-balanced wicket and was seen to be favoring the batsmen more.
The weather would be cloudy with a bit wind around and there are slight chances of rain.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Melbourne Stars Women
Lizelle Lee, Elyse Villani (c), Mignon du Preez, Erin Osborne, Annabel Sutherland, Nicole Faltum (wk), Tess Flintoff, Madeline Penna, Nicola Hancock, Holly Ferling, Alana King
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Melbourne Renegades Women
Anna Lanning, Danni Wyatt, Tammy Beaumont, Jess Duffin (c), Josie Dooley (wk), Courtney Webb, Georgia Wareham, Maitlan Brown, Molly Strano, Lea Tahuhu, Carly Leeson
Melbourne Stars Women
- Melbourne Starts started this season with a 20-run win against Perth Scorchers but failed to win a single match after that.
- Later on, they won their second match over Melbourne Renegades by 11 wickets and 4 balls to spare.
- Lizelle Lee’s 62 helped Stars to reach a winning score of 169/3.
- In the last match against Sydney Sixers, they failed to chase 163 despite Mignon du Preez’s half-century.
- Nicole Faltum and Holly Ferling are likely to be retained.
- They may go with the same playing 11 after a win against Renegades in their first encounter.
Melbourne Renegades Women
- After a two-match defeat at the start of the tournament, Melbourne Renegades made a come back to winning ways.
- Danni Wyatt’s 87 and Jess Duffin’s half-ton brought a six-wicket win against Brisbane Heat in the last match.
- Melbourne Renegades are likely to go with the same winning team against the Stars
- Anna Lanning, who was the replacement of Sophie Molineux, is likely to open the innings this time as well.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Melbourne Renegades, who are in excellent batting form, are likely to win against Melbourne Stars in their second encounter.
Click here for Fantasy picks.