ABOUT THE MATCH
Melbourne Stars will face Adelaide Strikers in the 35th match of the Women’s Big Bash League 2019. The is scheduled to be played on November 16 at the Nuriootpa Centennial Park in Nuriootpa.
Melbourne Stars are at the bottom of the table with 7 losses out of 8 matches. They are going through a very bad phase and have to win all their remaining six matches to reach the semi-finals.
On the other hand, Adelaide Strikers, who are ranked third in the points table, won 5 out of 8 matches played. They have won their last match by 17 runs over the Stars.
This will be the first match to be held in Nuriootpa Centennial so it may be difficult for the side batting first, so the team winning the toss may bowl first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Nuriootpa Centennial Park may favor the batsmen. There may not be much pace in the surface and scoring runs may be easy.
The temperature will be around 22 degrees Celsius with dry weather throughout the day.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Melbourne Stars WOMEN
Elyse Villani (c), Lizelle Lee, Mignon du Preez, Annabel Sutherland, Erin Osborne, Katey Martin (wk), Madeline Penna, Tess Flintoff, Nicola Hancock, Alana King, Holly Ferling
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Adelaide Strikers WOMEN
Suzie Bates (c), Sophie Devine, Tahlia McGrath, Bridget Patterson, Lauren Winfield, Katie Mack, Tegan McPharlin (wk), Amanda Wellington, Sarah Coyte, Alex Price, Megan Schutt
Melbourne Stars WOMEN
- Melbourne Stars won last against Perth Scorchers at the WACA with a margin of 20 runs.
- Melbourne Stars dropped leg-spinner Kristen Beams and replaced her with another leggie Alana King.
- Elyse Villani and Lizelle Lee will be the opening batsmen.
- Annabel Sutherland will probably lead the team’s bowling attack.
Adelaide Strikers WOMEN
- Adelaide Strikers got off to an impressive start with four wins out of five and later on went on to face two defeats.
- They, however, made a comeback with a 17-run win over Melbourne Stars in their last match.
- Adelaide Strikers is expected to go with an unchanged team in this match.
- Sophie Devine and Suzie Bates will be the opening batsmen followed by Tahlia McGrath and Bridget Patterson.
- Megan Schutt and Sophie Devine are likely to lead the Strikers bowling attack.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Adelaide Strikers being the more consistent team is likely to win against Melbourne Stars in this match.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.