ABOUT THE MATCH
The day one of India’s premier domestic T20 competition, the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy is set to start on November 8. The match is between Kerala and Tamil Nadu which is Round 1, Group B game scheduled to be played at the Greenfield International Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram.
Tamil Nadu is the defending champion of the Vijay Hazare Trophy. On the other hand, Kerela didn’t have a great run in the Vijay Hazare Trophy but would like to make a comeback in this competition. They finished third in Group A with 4 wins from 6 games and 2 loss and missed the super-league berth by missing one win.
The surface at Greenfield Stadium is heavy scoring and the team winning the toss will opt to bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Greenfield Stadium is generally a batting pitch and the surface is expected to behave the same in this match too.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Kerala
M Azharuddeen, Robin Uthappa, Vishnu Vinod, Sachin Baby, Sanju Viswanadh, Jalaj Saxena, V Manoharan, Sandeep Warrier, Basil Thampi/KM Asif, M Nidheesh, S Midhun.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Tamil Nadu
Dinesh Karthik, N Jagadeesan, Baba Aparajith, M Vijay, Shahrukh Khan, Ravichandran Ashwin, Vijay Shankar, Ravi Sai Kishore, T Natrajan, M Ashwin, M Siddharth/K Vignesh.
- Sanju Samson will not be available in the first few games as he is a part of the national squad playing against Bangladesh.
- Robin Uthappa will be leading the side in this tournament.
- Skipper Robin Uthappa and Vishnu Vinod will open the innings.
- Sachin Baby, M Azharuddeen and Jalaj Saxena will follow the openers.
- Sandeep Warrier, Basil Thampi and M Nidheesh will be its key bowlers.
- The all-rounder Washington Sundar will be unavailable as he is the part of the ongoing national T20 squad for the T20I series.
- Tamil Nadu opener Abhinav Mukund has been dropped from the squad.
- So, Murali Vijay will be opening the innings for Tamil Nadu along with Abhinav Mukund.
- Shahrukh Khan and Baba Aparajith will follow the openers.
- Vijay Shankar, who is set to be the vice-captain, will bat at No. 5 with skipper Dinesh Karthik at No.6.
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravi Sai Kishore, and Murugan Ashwin will be its key bowlers.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Tamil Nadu has a good batting line-up and is the favorite to win over Kerala in this encounter.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.