ABOUT THE MATCH
Kenya will be playing its first match of the tournament against Netherlands on Friday, 18 October 2019 at ICC Academy, Dubai.
After struggling a lot to participate in the qualifiers, Kenya recently earned the privilege, with a 2nd spot in T20 World Cup Africa Regional Finals and settled at 29th rank in the ICC Men’s T20I Team Rankings.
On the other hand, Netherlands is holding 18th spot in the ICC Men’s T20I Team Rankings and has players who play in the English County circuit. Earlier, Netherlands appeared in 2009, 2014, and 2016 editions of the T20 World Cup while Kenya last participated in 2007.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
We could witness ICC Academy Grounds producing scores over 160+ in the first few matches due to fresh pitches which are slower in nature. The majority of wickets here go to spinners and slow bowlers.
The weather is expected to be cloudy during the afternoon at the ICC Academy Ground on Friday. However, there are no chances of rain and the game is expected to be played without any interruption.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Kenya
Irfan Karim, Rakep Patel, Alex Obanda, Dhiren Gondaria, Aman Gandhi, Collins Obuya, Shem Ngoche, Emmanuel Bundi, Pushpak Kerai, Elijah Otieno, L Ndandason
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Netherlands
Scott Edwards, Ryan ten Doeschate, Ben Cooper, Max O’Dowd, Tonny Staal, Roelof van der Merwe, Pieter Seelaar, Fred Klaassen, Shane Snater, Brandon Glover, Paul Van Meekeren.
- Kenya performed very well in the 2003 World Cup and reached the qualifiers by topping the Africa-Eastern sub-region qualifiers.
- Irfan Karim and Gurdeep Singh are the two top performers of Kenya.
- N Kalyan and A Obanda will open the innings with Kalyan being in good form.
- Collins Obuya, Shem Ngoche and Dhiren Gondaria are the players to watch for.
- Netherlands is looking forward to revival after an absolute disappointing T20 pentangular tournament in Oman.
- Netherlands are set to be boosted by the inclusion of Colin Ackermann and Ryan ten Doeschate.
- Tobias Visee and Max O’Dowd will be opening the innings. Tobias Visee has an average of 39.8 in the last 5 T20 matches with 199 runs while Max O’Dowd scored 204 runs.
- Ryan ten Doeschate, Pieter Seelaar and Scott Edwards will wield influence on the game for their team.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
The Netherlands looks pretty strong with their team and is likely to get off with a win.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.