ABOUT THE MATCH
Jamaica Tallawahs and St Lucia Zouks are set to face-off against each other as both look to secure their first points of the season. This ninth fixture of the Caribbean Premier League 2019 will be played on September 12 at the Sabina Park in Kingston, Jamaica.
Both the teams have made a poor start to their CPL 2019 campaigns with defeats in their first two matches. Jamaica Tallawahs suffered a four-wicket loss to St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in their previous match at Basseterre.
After being put in to bat first, the Tallawahs posted a mammoth 241 on the board but still ended up losing as their bowlers failed to defend that total. St Lucia Zouks lost to Trinbago Knight Riders by seven wickets last time out at Port of Spain. Opting to bat first, the Zouks scored a competitive 167 in their 20 overs before the Knight Riders raced home with more than two overs to spare.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Clear skies have been forecast for this game, and with no rain threat around, we should be able to get in a full forty-overs game. Temperature is likely to be around 28 degrees Celsius while humidity could be between 70% and 74%.
The Sabina Park hosted two CPL games last year and 170+ was scored on three occasions. This is going to be the first game of this season here and one can expect another good batting surface.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jamaica Tallawahs
Chris Gayle, Glenn Phillips (wk), Chadwick Walton, Andre Russell, Rovman Powell (c), George Worker, Shamar Springer, Steven Jacobs, Jerome Taylor, Christopher Lamont, Oshane Thomas
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF St Lucia Zouks
Andre Fletcher (wk), Rahkeem Cornwall, John Campbell, Najibullah Zadran, Daren Sammy (c), Thisara Perera, Andre McCarthy, Kesrick Williams, Obed McCoy, Fawad Ahmed, Kavem Hodge
- Chris Gayle, who led Jamaica Tallawahs in their opening game against Trinbago Knight Riders, has passed on the baton to Rovman Powell who captained the side last time out against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots.
- The Tallawahs have no injury concerns to deal with ahead of this match and they are expected to retain the same group of eleven despite the two defeats.
- Jamaica Tallawahs have not made the best of starts in this year’s Caribbean Premier League, facing back-to-back defeats in their first two games.
- They lost their opening fixture by 22 runs against Trinbago Knight Riders at Port of Spain before going down to St Kitts and Nevis Patriots by four wickets at Basseterre.
- The Tallawahs have shown impressive batting performances so far, scoring 169 and 241 in the respective matches.
- Their bowling, however, has not been up to the mark having conceded 190+ on both occasions.
St Lucia Zouks
- St Lucia Zouks made a couple of changes to their side in the previous match against Trinbago Knight Riders, they dropped Christopher Barnwell and Krishmar Santokie and replaced them with John Campbell and Kavem Hodge.
- Campbell had a good game with the bat and is likely to continue batting at number three.
- Rahkeem Cornwall will continue to open the innings alongside Andre Fletcher while Thisara Perera will probably be leading the team’s bowling attack once again.
- Like Jamaica Tallawahs, St Lucia Zouks to is yet to open their account on the CPL 2019 points table after having played out a couple of matches.
- After facing a 13-run loss in their opening encounter against Guyana Amazon Warriors at the Providence Stadium, the Zouks received a hammering at the hands of Trinbago Knight Riders at Port of Spain.
- They came up with an improved batting performance last time out to post a very competitive total of 167 on the board. But they were let down by their bowlers and eventually lost the game by seven wickets.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks