ABOUT THE MATCH
Jamaica Tallawahs play their final home game of the 2019 Caribbean Premier League when they take on St Kitts & Nevis Patriots at Sabina Park, Kingston. The match is scheduled to take place on September 19.
The Tallawahs have endured a miserable campaign – not helped by injuries and international call-ups and go into this match having failed to back up their only win so far. They were all out for 137 against in-form Guyana Amazon Warriors last night for their fifth defeat in six games.
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots, meanwhile, are in resurgent form. They have won their last two games, including beating Trinbago Knight Riders after a super over last time out. Their only previous win before these last two was also against the Tallawahs when they chased 242 in a memorable encounter at Warner Park.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Kingston is forecast thunderstorms all week, though they are forecast to clear from 8 pm onwards as long as the outfield dries, there is still a chance of a full game.
Sabina Park remains a hard and fast wicket, even if it is not as fast as in the past. There are plenty of runs to be had, as can be seen from the number of 200+ scores at the ground so far this season.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jamaica Tallawahs
Glenn Phillips (wk), Chris Gayle (c), Chadwick Walton, Javelle Glen, George Worker, Andre Russell, Dwaine Smith, Ramaal Lewis, Jade Dernbach, Oshane Thomas, Zahir Khan
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF St Kitts and Nevis Patriots
Devon Thomas (wk), Evin Lewis, Laurie Evans, Mohammad Hafeez, Shamarh Brooks, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Fabian Allen, Rayad Emrit, Alzarri Joseph, Akeem Jordan, Sheldon Cottrell
- Fit-again Andre Russell was one of the only Tallawahs players to impress last time out, and his return is a boost for the Tallawahs.
- Jade Dernbach has also come into the team in the last two matches, after flying out as a late replacement.
- Oshane Thomas was another to come back into the team, but he was expensive and he will have to do a lot better if he retains his place.
- Rovman Powell has missed the last two games through injury.
- Jamaica Tallawahs have won just one of their six matches so far this season.
- That victory came against Barbados Tridents when Zahir Khan took 3-20 to restrict them to 140/9 from their 20 overs.
- In reply, Chadwick Walton hit an unbeaten half-century to guide the Tallawahs to a four-wicket win.
- Last time out, however, they failed to back it up. After conceding 218/6 against Guyana Amazon Warriors, they then fell to a miserable 137 all out in reply.
- Alzarri Joseph and Shamarh Brooks returned last time out, in place of Usama Mir and Kjorn Ottley, with the former in particular is much-improved form.
- After two wins in a row, the Patriots are unlikely to make sweeping changes for this trip to Sabina Park.
- St Kitts & Nevis Patriots have come back into form to keep their CPL 2019 season alive.
- First, Akeem Jordan took 4-33 on his T20 debut to restrict St Lucia Zouks to 138/9, before Evin Lewis’ 65 from 30 balls ensured they made light work of sealing a six-wicket win Then, last time out, Carlos Brathwaite was the hero.
- He took two wickets as Trinbago Knight Riders previously unbeaten posted 216/4 and then hit 64 from 30 balls as the Patriots reached the same score for seven down.
- In the super over, Brathwaite hit 17 of the Patriots’ 18 runs and then defended it with an excellent over of his own.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots are in resurgent form and are more than capable of upsetting the odds to earn a third win a row.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.