ABOUT THE MATCH
Just like the men’s counterpart, South Africa women are struggling to find the form on Indian soil. Out of the six completed matches, the Proteas have managed to win just one game – the last T20I of the series. The ODI series began on a similar note for the Proteas as they lost the 2 matches of the three-match ODI by a substantial margin.
The two teams are now set to face each other off at Reliance Cricket Ground, Vadodara on Monday, 14th October. With India 2-0 ahead in the series, this is probably the most critical game for the Proteas, as far as survival in the series is concerned.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The conditions in Vadodara should be better for batting and the weather condition looks pleasant for the day and we should be able to get a full game without any interruptions. A score of around 240 can be considered par.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA WOMEN
Priya Punia, Jemimah Rodrigues, Punam Raut, Mithali Raj (c), Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma, Shikha Pandey, Taniya Bhatia (wk), Ekta Bisht, Jhulan Goswami, Poonam Yadav
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
Lizelle Lee, Laura Wolvaardt, Trisha Chetty (wk), Mignon du Preez, Sune Luus (c), Marizanne Kapp, Lara Goodall, Shabnim Ismail, Nondumiso Shangase, Tumi Sekhukhune, Ayabonga Khaka
- The ongoing tour has been an excellent tour for India. Smriti Mandhana was ruled out of the Indian ODI outfit, but that seemed to have no impact whatsoever on the performance of India’s top-order in the first order.
- On the batting front, Jemimah Rodriques and Punia have been in brilliant form, and they both notched up remarkable fifties in the first ODI.
- Earlier with the ball, the 37-year old Jhulan Goswami was the pick of their bowler as she picked up three wickets for just 33 runs.
- All in all, the Indian team has utilized the home conditions to perfection in the series so far, and the same has reflected in the results. If they can continue to play to their potential, there’s no reason why they cannot seal the series in the third ODI of the series.
SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
- Except for one T20I, the Proteas have struggled in the series – mainly with the bat. The same was the case in the second match of the longer version of the game as well
- With no pressure on Indian batsmen and no assistance whatsoever from the surface, there was hardly anything the Proteas could have done.
- It was a tough day for their bowlers as India chased down the total with considerable ease, with five wickets in hand.
- Overall, the Proteas have found to be relying a bit too much on their top order in the series so far. The Proteas need to play as a team in the remaining fixtures of the series, and if they can do that, Indians will have their work cut out.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
India has looked the better side in all departments of the game. They have gained enough momentum and are favorites to wrap up the series 3-0.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.