ABOUT THE MATCH
The previous match between India women and South Africa women is done with India winning. Now, the action moves on to the 2nd ODI as a number of familiar faces come back into the squad. South Africa managed to win the last T20 comprehensively and while it may not have had a big impact on the T20 series, it will put them in a great frame of mind for the ODI series.
Can India women continue their dominance over South Africa women? This is the question that every cricketing fan is waiting for.
India women vs South Africa women 2nd ODI is going to be played at the Reliance Stadium, Vadodara on the 11th of October 2019.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The weather is absolutely clear for the match to take place on Friday. The sun will be out for the whole duration of the match and the temperatures will soar as the day progresses. It will hover around 28 to 36 Degrees Celsius in Vadodara.
The surface on offer was a decent one for the first ODI. There is a little bit of turn in the pitch and the slow bowlers will continue to have their say. More so, if the same strip is used, then the spinners will extract more turn from the 22 yards. Expect the team winning the toss to bat first.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA WOMEN
Priya Punia, Jemimah Rodrigues, Punam Raut, Mithali Raj (C), Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma, Taniya Bhatia (WK), Shikha Pandey, Jhulan Goswami, Poonam Yadav, Ekta Bisht.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
Lizelle Lee (WK), Laura Wolvaardt, Trisha Chetty, Nadine de Klerk, Mignon du Preez, Sune Luus (C), Nondumiso Shangase, Marizanne Kapp, Shabnim Ismail, Ayabonga Khaka, Tumi Sekhukhune.
- Mithali Raj is going to come back into the ODI side with some poor performance in the last match. Three of India’s best batters are going to be playing in this format as well including Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, and Jemimah Rodriguez.
- Mithali Raj herself is a very accomplished batter herself and helps India have a better batting side than South Africa in Indian conditions.
- Shikha Pandey, Deepti Sharma, Poonam Yadav, Jhulan Goswami, and Ekta Bisht are likely to form the bowling attack for India in the ODI format. India’s strength was its spin bowlers and the same is going to the case in the 2ndODI
- We think Poonam Yadav and Ekta Bisht are going to be the biggest threats to the South African batting.
SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
- We believe South Africa women will be able to give India women a better fight in the 2ndODI’s. One of the reasons is that they would have become better acclimatized to the conditions and the other is that their side seems better suited to the 50 over format.
- The batters can take their time against the spinners and build an inning rather than attacking from the first ball.
- Marizanne Kapp is also back for this leg of the tour and that is going to be a big addition to the side.
- Kapp is a genuine all-rounder and will add to the South African side in both departments of the game.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
We think India has an excellent chance of winning this match thanks to its re-inforced batting lineup. And good bowling attack
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.