ABOUT THE MATCH
India Vs West Indies: After a 2-1 win in the T20I series, India is set to clash with West Indies again in the first ODI of West Indies tour of India 2019. The match will be played at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai on December 15.
MA Chidambaram Stadium is a batsman-friendly pitch and the team winning the toss is likely to bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at MA Chidambaram Stadium leans more towards the batsmen and is likely to give a chance to spinners in the middle overs.
The weather is expected to be a bit cloudy throughout the match without any threat of rain.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (c), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Kedar Jadhav/Manish Pandey, Shivam Dube/Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES
Sunil Ambris, Evin Lewis/Brandon King, Shai Hope, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Kieron Pollard (c), Roston Chase, Jason Holder, Sheldon Cottrell, Alzarri Joseph, Hayden Walsh
MATCH PREVIEW for India Vs West Indies
- India has recently won nine out of eleven completed games in the fifty-over format.
- After facing a defeat in the ICC World cup semi-finals, India has played only one ODI series until now.
- It is not yet known whether Manish Pandey or Kedar Jadhav will be featuring in the middle-order.
- In the bowling department too, it may be Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal or the captain may go for Shivam Dube.
- West Indies are in a tough phase with eight defeats out of the last twelve completed matches in the fifty-over format.
- But West Indies won their recent ODI series against Afghanistan 3-0.
- Evin Lewis who has injured his knee in the third T20I is yet to be fit.
- If he is unavailable, then Brandon King will be opening the innings along with Sunil Ambris.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Being the T20I series winners against West Indies, India is likely to win this ODI too.
Click here for Fantasy picks.