ABOUT THE MATCH
India managed to win a close contest against Bangladesh and after that, it became the second team to be qualified for the ICC World Cup 2019 semi-final. Its last match for both teams and may not be a match with a lot of consequence attached to it, but it is not entirely inconsequential either.
India is currently second on the league table and is likely to stay there even if it loses the last match to Sri Lanka. However, if Australia loses its last match to South Africa then India can move up to the top-spot and possibly avoid England in the semi-final stage.
For Sri Lanka, this match is another opportunity to try and invest in its cricket.
Sri Lanka vs India ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Headingley, Leeds on the 6th of July.
- The team winning the toss is likely to want to bat first. The surface is expected to break-up and become much more difficult to bat as the match progresses.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
- India vs Sri Lanka ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Headingley, Leeds. The weather forecast for Headingly on Saturday is very good. We should have sunny skies and an uninterrupted game to enjoy.
- The pitches in England seem to be getting slower with every match. The team batting first has a big advantage. Spin played a big role during the match between Afghanistan and Pakistan here. We could see another game where a score of 270 is very difficult to chase.
Individual Team Winning Percentage:
Top Order Analysis:
- India, top order looks much consistent than Srilanka.
Middle Order Analysis:
- India, Middle order looks more consistent than SriLanka.
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
- In, both top and middle order India look stronger than SriLanka.
Top bowlers Analysis:
- India, Bowling unit looks much stronger than SriLanka.
- A much-improved performance from Sri Lanka in the last few matches have given its supporters something to cheer about. The win against the West Indies was special because it came through an excellent batting performance from Avishka Fernando.
- Fernando has impressed in every single game that he has played and definitely looks like a bright star for Sri Lanka.
- If Kusal Mendis can start converting his immense potential into performance and Angelo Matthews can return to his best batting form, then the Sri Lankan batting starts to look quite dangerous.
- A combination of injuries, poor form, and age has meant that Sri Lanka has one of the weakest bowling attacks in the tournament.
- An inspirational performance from Lasith Malinga seems to be the best hope but India is the one country against whom he has his worst record.
|Top 3 batsman Sri Lanka
|Top 3 Middle Order Sri Lanka
|Top 3 Bowler Sri Lanka
|Kusal Perera (wk)
|Kusal Mendis (wk)
|Dimuth Karuaratne (c)
|D de Silva
- India will not want to go into its semi-final with a loss. In fact, unless there is an injury concern to one of the players, we are sure that India will play its best eleven.
- India played without Kuldeep Yadav in the previous match and instead picked Bhuvneshwar Kumar. That could be because of the small boundary on one side at Edgbaston.
- Will Ravindra Jadeja get a go in this match to see if he can somehow fit in the team for the semi-final? That is the one chance that team management could take.
- Ravindra Jadeja can bat at number 7 and be relied upon to bowl his full quota of overs. This will give India six bowling options now that Hardik Pandya is able to do the job of the fifth bowler consistently. It is also not going to dent India’s batting too much.
- There are some concerns in the batting department also which India would want to rectify in this match.
- We don’t expect India to lose this match although they could get tested. India was pushed to the brink against Afghanistan, lost to England, and then had a close game against Bangladesh as well.
- Rohit Sharma has four centuries in the ICC World Cup 2019 while Virat Kohli has five fifties. India needs both these players to be in top gear during this final stage of the tournament.
|Top 3 batsman India
|Top 3 Middle Order India
|Top 3 Bowler India
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Sri Lanka VS India 44TH ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF India Bat first
|IF Sri Lanka Bat First
|D d Silva
|D De Silva
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*