ABOUT THE MATCH
India welcomes Bangladesh to Eden Gardens, Kolkata, for their first-ever day-night test match in India. The hosts are looking to wrap up a series win to continue their excellent start to the ICC World Test Championship. The match takes place between November 22-26.
India, who have now won six matches from six in the inaugural ICC World Test Championship and have never lost a Test against Bangladesh, were in dominant form in the first test. Mayank Agarwal hit a double-century and Mohammed Shami claimed seven wickets as they won by an innings and 130 runs.
In Bangladesh’s first test since the Championship was inaugurated, the Tigers were bowled out for 150 and 213. Suspended captain Shakib Al Hasan is a big miss, and they are big outsiders for this second test too.
Bangladesh won the toss and batted first last time out, but India might elect to bowl first if the green top looks likely to aid the bowlers early on. They must also consider the dew factor later in the evening, however.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Humidity and evening dew will need to be considered, but conditions in Kolkata should otherwise be perfect with warm, sunny and clear weather on the forecast.
Eden Gardens should provide turn and bounce with the pitch curator not expecting the day-night factor to have a big bearing in how the pitch behaves compared to normal.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Mayank Agarwal, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Ravindra Jadeja, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF BANGLADESH
Shadnam Islam, Imrul Kayes, Mominul Haque (c), Mohammad Mithun, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Liton Das (wk), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam, Abu Jayed, Ebadat Hossain
- Ishant Sharma returned to the team last time out as India opted for three seamers and it paid off as he claimed three wickets in the match.
- With Jasprit Bumrah returning from injury, the decision again must be Sharma as an extra seamer of Kuldeep Yadav as a third spinner. India could stick with their winning team.
- India has now won six from six in the ICC World Test Championship after their dominant opening win.
- Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and Mayank Agarwal have all hit double-centuries in that time with Agarwal doing it for the second time last time out as he scored 243.
- Bangladesh did not manage that many as a team in either of their two innings bowled out for 150 and 213 with Mohammed Shami claiming seven wickets in total as India won by an innings and 130 runs.
- Liton Das kept wicket last time out but batted down the order and so there could be scope for him to move up the order after the openers failed to impress in either inning.
- Without Shakib Al Hasan, Mominul Haque is leading the team.
- Bangladesh has lost its last four tests, including a defeat to Afghanistan prior to this series and now a heavy loss in their first game of the ICC World Test Championship.
- They were poor in both innings as they fell to 150 and 213 losing by an innings and 130 runs.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
India is quite rightly huge favorites to beat Bangladesh but given their current form, it is hard to imagine any other result.
Click here for Fantasy picks.