ABOUT THE MATCH
A big gap seems to be opening up between the current top-4 in ICC World Cup 2019 standings and the rest. India is a part of this top-4 and will be looking to try and maintain the momentum against Afghanistan.
India vs Afghanistan is going to be played at the Rose Bowl, Southampton, on the 22nd of June 2019.
The team winning the toss may want to bat second. The pitch in Southampton has had some help in it for the fast bowlers and teams will look to exploit that upfront.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
India vs Afghanistan is going to be played at the Rose Bowl, Southampton. The weather has been terrible over the last week, but it finally looks like we will get some cricket to watch in this match.
The pitch at Southampton has been good for the fast bowlers. India’s bowlers managed to get some extra bounce from the surface and both the sides in this match will be hoping for the same. Getting first use of the conditions, particularly with some cloud overhead could be very important. A par score of 330+ will be expected if played 50 overs.
Top Order Analysis:
- India top order looks very consistent compared to Afghanistan.
Middle Order Analysis:
- India, Middle order looks perfect with power hitters than Afghanistan players.
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
- On an average, India has an upper hand in top order as well as the middle order.
Top bowlers Analysis:
- Both, teams bowling looks similar in wicket taking and maintain the bowling economy.
- India is unbeaten in the ICC World Cup 2019 as of now and has looked one of the best teams in the entire tournament. Confident wins against South Africa and Australia and Pakistan were followed by a rained-out encounter against New Zealand.
- All in all, India has the bench strength to be able to adapt to any situation doing so in a pressure match against Pakistan could really test they resolved.
- We think India will want to chase first if it gets the chance because setting a target can be very tricky at Hampshire Bowl.
|Top 3 batsman India||Top 3 Middle Order India||Top 3 Bowler India|
|R Sharma||MS Dhoni||M Shami|
|KL Rahul||V Shankar||J Bumrah|
|V Kohli||H Pandya||K Yadav|
- The ICC World Cup 2019 has been a rude shock for the Afghanistan side. They have improved dramatically in the last few years, but they have a very long way to go before they can be considered a consistent, world-class team in all conditions.
- This learning curve is very similar to what a lot of other senior teams have gone through before them.
- A lot of things will suddenly need to start going right for Afghanistan to even have a chance of coming close to beating India.
|Top 3 batsman Afghanistan||Top 3 Middle Order Afghanistan||Top 3 Bowler Afghanistan|
|Rahmat Shah||H Shahidi||D Zadran|
|Noor Ali Zadran||A Afghan||Mujeeb UR Rahman|
|G Naib||Mohammad Nabi||M Nabi|
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR India VS Afghanistan 28TH ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF India Bat First||IF Afghanistan Bat First|
|MS Dhoni||Najibullah Zadran|
|R Sharma||H Shahidi|
|V Kohli||M Nabi|
|KL Rahul||G Naib|
|H Pandya||D Zadran|
|M Shami||Mujeeb UR Rahman|
|K Yadav||J Bumrah|
|Mujeeb UR Rahman||H Pandya|
|D Zadran||KL Rahul|
|G Naib||R Sharma|
|H Shahidi||MS Dhoni|