ABOUT THE MATCH
United Arab Emirates will be taking on Hong Kong at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium in their latest match in Group B of the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier in Abu Dhabi on 21st October.
Hong Kong hasn’t won any of the matches they have played so far. Their inexperienced line-up could not defend 153/5 against Ireland and was also bowled out by Oman for 102.
Moreover, the UAE was also defeated by Oman, restricting them to 108 for 9. But UAE made a comeback with Rohan Mustafa’s 4-18 against Ireland and was won by five wickets with three overs to spare.
In the last game against Ireland, the UAE won the toss and opted to bat first, and with the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium giving a little more help to the bowlers than usual, the hosts may look to do the same again.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The weather is likely to be sunny with clear skies in Abu Dhabi and temperatures will be around 30 degrees centigrade come the evening.
Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium has been favoring bowlers so far on what is proving to be a much more balanced pitch than usual.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Hong Kong
Nizakat Khan, Aizaz Khan (c), Kinchit Shah, Waqas Barqat, Haroon Arshad, Simandeep Singh, Scott McKechnie (wk), Shahid Wasif, Ehsan Khan, Kyle Christie, Nasrulla Rana
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF the United Arab Emirates
Ashfaq Ahmed, Rohan Mustafa, Darius D’Silva, Muhammad Usman, Rameez Shahzad, Waheed Ahmed, Mohammad Boota (wk), Ahmed Raza (c), Sultan Ahmed, Junaid Siddique, Zahoor Khan
- Hong Kong hasn’t won a match so far. Simandeep Singh has been handed his T20I debut at the start of the tournament.
- Kinchit Shah smashed 79 off 54 in the opening game against Ireland, as Hong Kong set 153/5 from their 20 overs.
- Ireland needed just 17.2 overs to chase it down, sealing an eight-wicket win, before Hong Kong were bowled out for 102 in their second game against Oman.
United Arab Emirates
- UAE was defeated in the first game of the tournament and immediately made changes to the team.
- Darius D’Silva and Mohammad Boota came in and Rohan Mustafa was promoted to open. Chirag Suri and Ghulam Shabber were the two who had to make way.
- Mohammad Naveed and Shaiman Anwar had been suspended on corruption charges, with the allegations that they had planned to fix matches at this tournament.
- They posted 108/9 with the bat in that game and lost.
- They were a much-improved lot last time, as they bowled Ireland out for 125 on their way to a five-wicket win.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
The United Arab Emirates was seen giving a tough fight after a defeat in their first match and are favorites to win this match.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.