ABOUT THE MATCH
Hong Kong will face Oman in the playoff 4 in the quest to qualify for the T20 World Cup next year.
Oman was placed 2nd in Group B. However, Oman has lost the last two matches but they will have another opportunity to make a comeback by winning the playoff 4.
On the other hand, Hong Kong finished 4th in group B with a win in the previous match against Nigeria and is hoping to continue their winning ways.
The team, who will win the toss, will elect to bat first as the pitch will behave in the same way in both innings.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Dubai International Cricket Ground is generally a batting wicket. The pitch has something in it for everyone including pacers and spinners.
The weather is expected to be hot in Dubai with zero chances of rain. Being a day-night game, the dew is expected to play a part in the game.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Hong Kong
Nizakat Khan, Aizaz Khan (C), Kinchit Shah, Waqas Barkat, Simandeep Singh, Scott McKenchie (WK), Haroon Arshad, Nasrulla Rana, Kyle Christie, Ehsan Khan, Mohammad Ghazanfar
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Oman
Khawar Ali, Jatinder Singh, Aqib Ilyas, Zeeshan Maqsood (C), Aamir Kaleem, Suraj Kumar (WK), Khurram Nawaz, Sandeep Goud, Mohammad Nadeem, Bilal Khan, Fayyaz Butt
- Hong Kong’s performance in the tournament was average with three wins out of six matches.
- They won their previous match against Nigeria with a huge margin of five wickets.
- Waqas Barkat, Mohammad Ghazanfar, and the skipper, Aizaz Khan picked two wickets each while Kyle Christie and Ehsan Khan got one apiece.
- Simandeep Singh’s play was disappointing in a couple of matches.
- As there are no other options in the team, he would expect to play in this match as well.
- The bowling unit of Hong Kong has performed well and will hope to continue in the same way in this match too.
- Oman had a superb outing in this tournament with four out of six wins.
- Sandeep Goud and Khurram Nawaz’s contributions did not help the team much at the lower middle order.
- However, there will not be any changes in the team.
- Bowling department doesn’t require any changes for the coming match.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
We back Oman in this encounter as they have a strong batting order as well as a better bowling unit than Hong Kong.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.