ABOUT THE MATCH
Guyana Amazon Warriors are going to take on Jamaica Tallawahs at their home town on October 3 at Providence Stadium. This penultimate group match of CPL 2019 is set to start at 18:00 local time.
Having won all the eight matches the Warriors had sit top of the Caribbean Premier League this season. Both their batting and bowling has been excellent with the contribution of Brandon King, Shoaib Malik, and Chandrapaul Hemraj.
On the other side, Jamaica has a star line-up with Chris Gayle and Andre Russell, but they have failed to deliver on expectations this season. They have won only two matches out of nine matches played in the season and will be finishing bottom of the group.
Guyana Amazon Warriors have won the toss once in their first block of home matches and will also be winning this time. They went with fielding first after winning the toss.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Providence Stadium will be a clear evening with a ray of complete sunshine and hot weather with 30 degrees of temperature with an extremely low chance of rain.
The pitch seems to be a good wicket for bowling fast with consistency in bounce and the carry is good, which also works in favor of the big-hitters.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Guyana Amazon Warriors
Brandon King, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Shoaib Malik (c), Sherfane Rutherford, Chris Green, Ben Laughlin, Keemo Paul, Romario Shepherd, Imran Tahir
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jamaica Tallawahs
Chris Gayle, Glenn Phillips (wk), Dwayne Smith, Liton Das, Chadwick Walton (wk), Trevon Griffith, Ramaar Lewis, Shamarh Springer, Imran Khan, Zahir Khan, Jade Dernbach
Guyana Amazon Warriors
- Guyana Amazon Warriors were trying to maintain their consistency in the batting order, with Ben Laughlin’s presence in the last two matches.
- Qais Ahmad has been with his bowl twice because of his late arrival, but the pitch seems to be in favor of him.
- Being topped this season with a complete eight of eight matches win, Guyana Amazon Warriors are confirming they would finish the group stage with a 100 percent away record.
- Brandon King made a smashing 81 in an eight-wicket win, chasing 162 at Gros Islet. In the last match Chandrapaul Hemraj top-scored with 66 in a total of 185/6.
- Chris Green and Imran Tahir each took two wickets over Knight Riders.
- Jamaica Tallawahs were with the least win having faced many injures throughout this tournament. Jade Dernbach and Dwayne Smith were replacements earlier in the tournament, while Liton Das made his first appearance last time out too.
- Andre Russell has suffered more injury problems which could allow Trevon Griffith an opportunity in the middle-order. Rovman Powell is also out with an abdominal injury.
- A win over Barbados Tridents made Jamaica Tallawahs reach with their excellent bowling efforts.
- Dwayne Smith’s half-century and two wickets of Khan, couldn’t help prevent a four-wicket loss against St Lucia Zouks. Jamaica is now guaranteed to finish last.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Guyana Amazon Warriors won eight of eight matches in the season of CPL 2019 with Jamaica Tallawahs were seen completely down in the game and Warriors will be coming out with flying colors.
Click here to find out the Fantasy Picks