ABOUT THE MATCH
England and West Indies have been two of the most impressive teams we have seen in the ICC World Cup 2019 so far. Currently, England is ranked number one team in ODI’s and one more advantage for them is that they are playing in their home conditions.
West Indies is the only side against whom England failed to win an ODI series in the last few years.
The weather has been quite gloomy around the United Kingdom but the current forecast is suggesting we might finally get some cricket to watch.
England vs West Indies is going to be played at the Rose Bowl, Southampton, on the 14th of June 2019.
The team winning the toss may want to bat second. The pitch in Southampton has had some help in it for the fast bowlers and teams will look to exploit that upfront.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
England vs West Indies is going to be played at the Rose Bowl, Southampton. The weather has been terrible over the last week, but it finally looks like we will get some cricket to watch in this match. There is some rain around in the area but the forecast on match day looks good for cricket.
The pitch at Southampton has been good for the fast bowlers. India’s bowlers managed to get some extra bounce from the surface and both the sides in this match will be hoping for the same. Getting first use of the conditions, particularly with some cloud overhead could be very important. A par score of 330+ will be expected if played 50 overs.
Individual Team Winning Percentage:
Top Order Analysis:
Middle Order Analysis:
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
Top bowlers Analysis:
- Two wins from three matches are a fair assessment of the manner in which England has performed at the World Cup so far.
- England will be careful about underestimating the West Indies, though.
- The England batting is the strongest in the world and they currently have three out of the top-4 scorers in this world cup.
- It will be interesting to see how the English batsmen counter the short-pitched attack that the West Indies has been using so far.
- The England bowlers have been testing speeds of over 150 km/h and will pose a threat to any batting side.
|Top 3 batsman England||Top 3 Middle Order England||Top 3 Bowler England|
|J Roy||E Morgan||Chris Woakes|
|Bairstow||B Stokes||Mark Wood|
|J Root||J Buttler||Jofra Archer|
- The West Indies have won an important game against Pakistan and lost one close encounter against Australia.
- Now, the West Indies face England with the knowledge that a win here is going to be very helpful to their aspirations moving forward.
- All things considered, the West Indies have a very fluid team. They have plenty of all-rounders that can contribute in all areas of the game and they seem to have power hitters for every occasion.
|Top 3 batsman West Indies||Top 3 Middle Order West Indies||Top 3 Bowler West Indies|
|Chris Gayle||N Pooran||O Thomas|
|Evin Lewis||J Holder||S Cottrell|
|Shai Hope||A Russell||J Holder|
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR England VS West Indies 19TH ODI IC C CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|If England Bat First||If West Indies Bat First|
|J Roy||Chris Gayle|
|Bairstow||Evin Lewis / D Bravo|
|J Root||Shai Hope|
|B Stokes||J Holder|
|J Buttler||A Russell / Brathwaite|
|Chris Woakes||O Thomas|
|Jofra Archer||S Cottrell|
|O Thomas||J Root|
|S Cottrell||B Stokes|
|A Russell / Brathwaite||Chris Woakes|
|Shai Hope||Jofra Archer|