ABOUT THE MATCH
A big gap seems to be opening up between the current top-4 in ICC World Cup 2019 standings and the rest. England is a part of this top-4 and will be looking to try and maintain the momentum against Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka vs England match is going to be held at Headingley, Leeds on Friday 21st June.
England will want to bat second if it wins the toss. Sri Lanka may prefer to bat first and get a total on the board because they are bad at chasing.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
- England vs Sri Lanka ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Headingley, Leeds. The cloudy and sunny in Leeds and there is no chance of rain we can get the full match without any stoppage.
- A high scoring pitch with help for the spinners is what we expect in this game also. A par score of 330-350 is expected if played 50 overs.
Individual Team Winning Percentage:
Top Order Analysis:
- England, top order has a good consistent than Sri Lanka players.
Middle Order Analysis:
- Same, as the top order the middle order of England is looking stronger than Sri Lanka.
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
- England top’s in both top and middle order in scoring runs.
Top bowlers Analysis:
- England, the team has good wicket taking ability than Sri Lanka.
- England is one of the strongest contenders for the Cricket World Cup 2019 title because of the depth it has in its squad. They are lucky to be playing against a relatively weak opponent and can afford to rest its first-choice players.
- England’s bowling attack is also performing very well, and the express speed of Jofra Archer should be able to unsettle the Sri Lankan batsmen.
- There is no cricketing reason or logic why England should lose this game.
|Top 3 batsman England||Top 3 Middle Order England||Top 3 Bowler England|
|James Vince||E Morgan||Chris Woakes|
|Bairstow||B Stokes||Mark Wood|
|J Root||J Buttler||Jofra Archer|
- There’s hardly anything which has gone right in Sri Lankan cricket in recent times. However, they’d be relatively happy by the position they’re currently in at the ladder in the ongoing Cricket World Cup.
- So far in the tournament, Sri Lanka has been part of only one completed fixture where they did well.
- All in all, considering that Sri Lanka was far from favorites in their last two matches, the washouts might have done more good than harm to the Sri Lankans.
|Top 3 batsman Sri Lanka||Top 3 Middle Order Sri Lanka||Top 3 Bowler Sri Lanka|
|Kusal Perera (wk)||Angelo Mathews||Isuru Udana|
|Lahiru Thirimanne||Kusal Mendis (wk)||N Pradeep|
|Dimuth Karuaratne (c)||Thisara Perera||Lasith Malinga|
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR England VS Sri Lanka 27TH ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF England Bat First||IF Sri Lanka Bat First|
|J Bairstow||K Perera|
|E Morgan||L Thirimanne|
|J Root||D Karunarante|
|B Stokes||T Perera|
|M Wood||L Malinga|
|J Archer||I Udana|
|I Udana||M Wood|
|L Malinga||J Archer|
|D de Silva||B Stokes|
|D Karunarante||J Root|
|K Perera||J Bairstow|